aberrant
1 Copper

RE: XPS 13 2015 Poor WiFi Signal.

Jump to solution

I'm at the point where the next step to check is if the antenna is connected and routed properly. Waiting for a T5 torx in the mail before I can open it up and see. If that all looks fine, probably replacement of the card is next. 

0 Kudos
mccole72
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I am having the same problem with my 2015 XPS, and I've seen this advice both here and on other forums but the options you cite in #7,8 aren't available on the properties menu. Can someone from Dell please give an answer that is actually applicable? I am beginning to worry that the wireless card in this laptop is simply very shity.

FYI this is what the advanced tab of wireless card properties looks like:

0 Kudos
ahaeems111
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue, i have a brand new dell xps 13 i7 and cannot got wifi signal in my room when my 7 year old sony laptop has near full reception! This is my second dell xps13 in 1 month and still the exact same problem. I thought Dell was supposed to be a premium brand....? Why are so many people having wifi issues with their new laptops in this day and age?!

In addition, I cannot seem to connect the laptop to an external monitor with an hdmi lead and mini display port adaptor. Again second xps and still the exact same problems.

Does anyone at Dell know the answer to this or am I going to have to return this one for good?

mccole72
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Weak wifi signal in places where my old laptop had full bars. Then when I upgraded to windows 10 it got even worse, weak signal plus dropping the signal completely ever few minutes.

After complaining to Dell they finally determined that my wifi card was the problem and sent  someone to switch it out for me. I asked them if they would be replacing my dell wireless card with an Intel one, which I read some people had swapped for with good results, they said yes they would be replacing with Intel card. Then the tech shows up at my house with the same dell wireless card I already have. He swaps it out and of course, no improvement. Then he tries replacing the antenna, which is done by replacing the ENTIRE SCREEN. No improvement, but hey I got a clean screen out of it.

So then I took matters into my own hands, went on Amazon and ordered the Intel Dual Band 2 7265NGW wireless card for $30. It arrived in a few days, I swapped it out and my wifi signal immediately improved. So my problem seems to be resolved. I recommend that everyone try this fix. What amazes me is that Dell is unable to either recognize or admit that there is a fault with their wireless card. So much time and money could be saved by just replacing this one tiny card.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and I am asking Dell to arrive with an Intel card in hand.  Would you say that installing the new card fixed your problem 100%?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
mccole72
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes, frustratedxpsowner I would say it's 100% fixed. It's only been 2 days, but so far no dropped signals and full wifi bars everywhere that I expect them at home and work. You might want to really hassle Dell to bring Intel card. I asked them once over the phone if they were bringing "intel card or  dell wireless card" and they said "Intel" and that was it. Then they showed up with dell wireless.

0 Kudos
ender_cali
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm glad yours is fixed! I should have just called them, but I went through the trouble of rerouting my whole entire normal wireless setup, moved the office to a different room, and redecorated everything for this *** signal to be in same room or next room.  But I still want better reception so I will be calling them to swap out the card to the Intel one.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
johnhcyip
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am a frustrated new owner of Dell XPS 13 with windows 10. My WiFi connection failed all the time not because of signal but network adapter problem as reported by self diagnistics. PleaSe reply to beveryip@gmail.com 24 September

tank531
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'll join the complaint list too;  I had my XPS for 6 weeks and noticed within 2 days the WiFi connection gave me great concern.  Now, after rebooting several times a day to reconnect I decided to search and I found all these owners with the same issue at the top of my search list.

I need a fix to the problem too as all my Apple devices are 100x better on all WiFi networks.

What will Dell do for me (I bought mine direct from Dell)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mmontado
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Please tell me, are you talking about the new xps 13, because I have de the same problem in my xps 13 2015.

Thanks,

Marcelo.-

please tell me, are you talking about the new xps 13, because I have de the same problem in my xps 13 2015.
Thanks,Marcelo.-

Tags (1)
0 Kudos