Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 03-28-2015 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 2015 Trackpad auto clicks randomly! How to fix?

Hi,

My mouse or trackpad has a habit of double clicking itself randomly and is getting annoying. Is there a way to turn that double click off?

Thank you

Replies (15)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm writing this to help out others with an over reactive touchpad on the XPS 13. I found a new Synaptics driver on Station-Drivers.com that seems to have improved things. I suggest anyone having issues forget about the Dell Support site and go to Station-Drivers instead.

5 Tungsten

Hi, 

Regret the inconvenience. Your feedback is definitely considered and passed on to relevant department.

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

There always seems to be an issue Dell is working on. Anyhow I returned the Dell Xps 13 for another Dell Xps 13 and I believe I solved the issue with the fan even though the issue persists. Interesting the fan and trackpad problem is present in the second xps I purchased. Anyhow I fixed it myself. The problem is the A01 Bios isn't compatible with the Dell Power Manager App. I noticed the last 'Quiet' profile I picked when running the A00 bios is still working even after installing A01 but you can't just change the power profiles anymore. The software works without issue on A00 but not on A01. I know this because I experimented with a bran new machine taking notes after every driver install or update. Anyhow the trackpad on the new one has the same issue as the last one but I can live with it until the drivers mature. So heres the deal. DELL YOUR BIOS ***! PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Tungsten

Hi David, 

There is an issue with support page and dell downloads. Our admin is aware of missing drivers and are working on it. 

Meanwhile let us know if you wish to go ahead for the repair of touchpad and fan (as you mentioned its not as bad).

Awaiting your reply

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have a theory about why the fan is not able to throttle down using the Dell Power Commander. I just don't think its compatible with the A01 bios release. Was able to throttle down the fan for the first time with A00 but after A01 can't get it to throttle up. Not complaining. Time will tell.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

I just went back to the MS Store and did an exchange for an exact replacement of the same model. So far I have noticed its the issue where you get fan noise when charging persists even on this new laptop though the fan sound is not as bad. The only thing is the Dell download center no longer has the newer bios and trackpad firmware that was there yesterday. I need those files to update the components on this new notebook.

Thank you.

5 Tungsten

Hi, 

Is the bios uptodate ? 

If the issue is still the same post BIOS update, we will arrange service call to get fan and touchpad replaced.

Awaiting your reply.

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

Well for the most part the laptop is very quiet except when plugged into the ac adapter the fan revs up to full throttle full speed and is very noisy. Otherwise when just running on the battery its very quiet. Must be a bios fan profile bug. Check this link out. Others having same problem:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19617192?pi239031352=1#20743955

BTW: The touchpad I think is better but not perfect. Still occasionally auto double clicks items.

5 Tungsten

Hi, David, 

Nice to hear that.

What is the issue with fan? If there is overheating or fan noise issue, can you try updating BIOS and  video drivers and let us know.

Regards

Hema

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Seems like Dell just released a firmware update for the touchpad today. Possibly this will fix the glitch touchpad issues. Feels a little more precise. If only they can fix the out of control fan issue!

Thanks.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor