Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 13 (2015) i7 CPU Speed

Jump to solution

I currently have a i7 XPS 13 (2015) and I am noticing an odd issue where if I put the computer into sleep mode, then unplug it and then resume sleep, my processor is limited to .5 GHz.  

When I plug it back in, it resumes being able to go up to 2.9 GHz. 

I have the power profile set to high performance and if I just unplug the laptop while on it will not limit itself to .5 GHz.  This only happens after resume from sleep or if I power it on without it plugged in.

I imagine there is either some setting for the power profile I am not seeing, or the computer needs a BIOS fix.  Anyone experiencing this, or have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

RE: XPS 13 (2015) i7 CPU Speed

Jump to solution

Search Power Options and look at your Dell (or active) plan. Scroll down until you see "Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings". Click the +. You should now see four options. Click the + next to the "Config TDP Level" change the value from 15W 0.6GHz to 15W 2.2GHz(or whatever your CPU speed/ option is). See if that works.

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010
I, like others, am a forum member and not an employee of Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Jump to solution

Search Power Options and look at your Dell (or active) plan. Scroll down until you see "Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings". Click the +. You should now see four options. Click the + next to the "Config TDP Level" change the value from 15W 0.6GHz to 15W 2.2GHz(or whatever your CPU speed/ option is). See if that works.

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010
I, like others, am a forum member and not an employee of Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks!  This seemed to do the trick, but just in case someone else runs into this problem, it did require a reboot for it to fully work for me.

0 Kudos