Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

October 21st, 2015 21:00

XPS 13 2015 screen flickering

Hello all,

I have an FHD XPS 13 2015. The screen suddenly started flickering without warning mid-use (browsing chrome).

The laptop has not been physically damaged in anyway, and no new new software has been installed recently.

I'm in the US at the moment for the year, but I purchased my laptop from the UK outlet store. Will my warranty be covered here?

http://imgur.com/dcajWdg

http://imgur.com/VGFVYTH

The lower third of the screen flickers and lags occasionally from what's being displayed.

Has anybody experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Peter

October 22nd, 2015 06:00

Hi, 

If the system is under warranty, yes even in US the system can be repaired, but you have to do an ownership transfer to the new location address.

How about on an external monitor??

If you swing the screen does the flickering or the symptoms vanish??

Regards

October 22nd, 2015 13:00

Hi,

The system is under warranty thankfully.

- Moving/tilting the display has no effect

- An external monitors makes no difference to the laptop's display. (The external monitor behaves perfectly.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

October 24th, 2015 22:00

Hi
Please PM us the tag# and your contact details.
Please fill up the ownership transfer form to proceed further.
Suspecting LCD faulty
Regards

October 29th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

Everything has been sorted now. The screen was replaced and resolved the issue.

However, I worry that this may happen again since I have heard other users experiencing the same issue.

If it does happen again, but after my warranty has run out from my initial purchase, will I be still covered separately for the screen (but for a year after its replacement, ie from today?) since it's new and could equally go wrong?

Thanks,

Peter

October 29th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

Once the warranty expires, none of the components will be repaired for free unfortunately.
You have an option to extend the warranty though.

Regards

November 19th, 2015 13:00

Hello,

I have the same issue with my XPS13 the screen flickers sometimes, if you tap the bottom of the laptop it flickers.

How can i request a warranty repair?

8 Posts

February 18th, 2016 12:00

Hi Hema,

I've been having a problem with screen flickering on my Dell XPS 13 Signature Edition too. Usually, I don't get it too much, but whenever I try to use my laptop's thunderbolt USB type C port it flickers. I've been trying to connect the laptop to a Thunderbolt USB type C to HDMI adapter which then connects to the TV. The screen of the XPS 13 flickers uncontrollably. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

No Events found!