Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 9th, 2016 04:00

XPS 13 (9343 / 2015) replacement motherboard part numbers

Like so many other XPS 13s my motherboard has died as a result of poor manufacturing.

Since technical support quoted me a price of 1100 euro(!!!) to replace this part, I'm going to do it myself.

To that end, could someone please give me the list of part-numbers which will fit an XPS 13 model 9343?

I believe my current specs at i5 2.4ghz, 8gb ram. I don't care about the ram or cpu spec at the moment; I'm just looking for a list of all suitable replacement motherboards.

Thanks in advance.

(Loyal Dell buyer for 16 years. I will never buy another of your products.)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2016 04:00

There is no such master list of boards -- the part number can be found on the board near the memory slots.

For the i5,

www.parts-people.com/index.php

Different CPUs result in different part numbers, since the CPU is a permanent part of the board.

Any 9343 board will fit any XPS 9343.

6 Posts

December 9th, 2016 05:00

But am I correct in assuming that any 9343 motherboard can be swapped in, regardless of what clockspeed and ram size was previously in the laptop? As far as I remember, the only options were for RAM and clockspeed. There was only one graphics card right? So the type of display I have should be irrelevant then?

In other words, beyond the clockspeed and RAM, every other aspect of the motherboard should be the same, correct? Threfore, no foreseeable reason why I couldn't use a lower or higher spec board to replace my current one, correct?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

It isn't just clock speed - the system was shipped with i3, i5 and i7 CPUs -- there are quite a number of possible mainboard combinations, depending on the CPU and quantity of RAM on the board.

6 Posts

Thanks EJN63.

I understand there were many configurations. My point is that in this case, everything is integrated into one board, which I believe doesn't connect to any other component that is dependent to any specific motherboard, correct? The battery, USB card, and display should all connect to any of the motherboards, so long as it's designed for 9343, right?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2016 06:00

That should be correct.  

11 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 11:00

Call back for another quote as Dell USA just quoted me $269 to replace the motherboard on my son's  XPS 13.  He abused his machine gaming and overheating the machine.  The battery also swelled up.

Google search provides WF2C3 as a possible part number.

No Events found!