Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2015 14:00

XPS 13 9343 "No battery present"

Bought the laptop about a month ago and for the past two days the battery has been on and off, currently it just says "No battery present" with the "x" on the battery symbol.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 26th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

I would like you to set the BIOS to defaults and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.
  4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, we will need to determine if the issue is with the AC adapter or Battery. We will have to check the status of the adapter in the BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

1. Start the computer by pressing the power button
  2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times you will now be on the BIOS screen.
  3. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type
    If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
  4. Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download Support assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

2 Posts

September 27th, 2015 20:00

The 'F9' key in the first step doesn't do anything but I can manually click 'load defaults'. When I restart the computer and try to get into BIOS I return back to the system setup screen.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 30th, 2015 13:00

Hi ryan1956,

Is the system not booting into the operating system? Is it just booting into the BIOS screen.

Also, Please run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the memory on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

No Events found!