Highlighted
TheXPS13User
1 Copper

XPS 13 (9350): Custom Charge Start of Battery

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9350-4891) with BIOS version 1.2.3 installed.

Here's what I'd like to achieve: The battery should only start charging at 60% charge or lower. In case that it's charging, the maximum charge should be 90%. So for example if the current charge is 74% and I plug the AC in, the battery should NOT start charging (because it's over 60%). 

Here's what I already tried:

1) BIOS menu: Settings -> Power Management -> Primary Battery Charge Configuration. Then I selected "Custom" and entered the values from above. Result: No matter what the current charge is, the battery starts charging anyways when I plug the AC in. So for example if the current charge is 74% and I plug the AC in, the battery starts charging.

2) Dell Command Power Manager: I installed the software and set the settings like in the BIOS menu in 1). Same result as in 1). Charging starts, whatever the current charging level is.

3) Dell Command Power Manager: I also tried to use this software. Same result as in 1) and 2).

Thanks a lot for any helpful reply!

4 Replies
hae01
1 Copper

RE: XPS 13 (9350): Custom Charge Start of Battery

I have exactly the same issue. Someone please help.

0 Kudos
lukasb95
1 Copper

have exactly same issue on my Dell Inspiron 11 3158 - already using latest BIOS (16 June 2016, A08, 1.8.0)

Tried configuring from the BIOS, Dell Power Manager & Dell Power Manager Lite, all behave the same - "start at" values doesnt work, but most of the time "Stop at" working.

0 Kudos
onapthanh
1 Copper

my dell xps 13 9343 can dell power manager lite so i usually in my office and not use bettery

0 Kudos
MrHctr
1 Copper

I can say it reproduces on the latest BIOS/firmware on the 9360 (1.0.7), it does not follow this intended behaviour for a Custom conf. Nevertheless having the Primarily AC conf does work, my battery was at 98% charge at it didn't keep on charging.

Is it possible that we are misunderstanding the configuration parameter or that the brand new systems do not support this option from its own BIOS?

0 Kudos