Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 18th, 2017 11:00

XPS 13 9350 Intel Iris Graphics 540 - No display on Laptop Monitor

Issues again with laptop monitor.  Passes all hardware tests.  Did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 using MS Media creator.  Laptop monitor worked with 2006 MS Generic Graphics driver but when updated, laptop monitor went blank but external monitor started working.  Believe this is a driver problem but each one I try has the same result.  

Had same issue in January.  Was under warranty at the time and ultimate result was to reinstall Windows from Microsoft, motherboard was also replaced although the tech didn't believe it had anything to do with the problem.  Laptop monitor worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when new Windows updates were installed.  I have seen several other posts that are describing the exact same issue.  

Currently, I have latest drivers for the graphics - 20.19.15.4531, Windows 10.0.15063.  At this time, my nice expensive laptop is just a desktop.  Any suggestions on what to try next?

Randy

April 19th, 2017 01:00

Hi RandyEC,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please install the BIOS, chipset and graphics drivers (in this order) from our Dell Support site.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

No Events found!