Highlighted

XPS 13 9350 - Turns itself on after sleep/shutdown

Hi team

I have an XPS 13 9350 - Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. Running latest drivers and BIOS version.

The laptop will at times turn its self back on a few seconds after going to sleep (via Windows)

When fully shut down it will also turn itself on after a few seconds.

The fact it powers itself on after a full shutdown makes me think it is a firmware bug rather than a Windows driver issue as it happens outside of the OS environment. That or faulty hardware.

A temporary solution is to wait until it turns it self on again and hold down the power button for 10 or so seconds until it powers off and keep holding it.

Problem will then re-appear after a few days..

HELP

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: XPS 13 9350 - Turns itself on after sleep/shutdown

Hi stinkeydiver69,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

What is the BIOS version installed on the system? If there is a latest version available on our Dell support site, request you to update to the same. Similarly chipset drivers.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos

Thank you. I have sent you the details as requested.

0 Kudos

I've had 2 motherboard replacements under a warranty job and still periodically having this problem. Mine starting turning itself on in the middle of the night too... but I noticed it would only do this  when the power adapter was not plugged in.. Is yours under warranty?

0 Kudos