Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2017 16:00

XPS 13 9350 battery swollen, Dell Japan, no battery in stock

The main problem is that is dangerous and toxic and the battery are indeed defective. I had other brand of notebook (more than 2) ask me for battery change for free after 5 years from acquiring the pc and completely out of the normal warranty. Why Dell doesn't mind about their notebook users at all? Why they cannot change a battery also if i'm willing to pay some money (for a service that as been done from other brands and have to be done FOR FREE as it is a product defect).

My notebook status:

https://twitter.com/aliceinwire/status/880296241275445248

The dell post replay is here (Japanese):

https://twitter.com/DellCaresJapan/status/880323925787410433

June 29th, 2017 18:00

Hi celery,

We are sorry to know our Japanese support couldn't help you.Please help us with the service tag of the system you are facing issue with, and pictures of the swollen battery, if you have any so that we can check and try helping you accordingly.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

8 Posts

i want to keep the communication public and not trying to keep bad customer service under private message

8 Posts

XPS 13 9350

Service Tag:

Express Service Code:

June 30th, 2017 13:00

Hi Celery,

W see that you have reached out to our tech support team,we have reached to the concerned team and they will get back to you shortly in order to help you with the system issues.

Parnoshree

8 Posts

June 30th, 2017 13:00

not sure which support team you are talking about,

I'm spreading my problem all over around before my laptop start to burn,

being ONLY less than 2 months out of warranty I got refused any possibility (also willing to pay some money) .

That by the way I read of people with SAME problem and with more than 1 YEAR out of warranty got a replace of laptop for free.

On what you base such decisions ? rolling dices ?

this is completely absurd

June 30th, 2017 17:00

We completely understand what you are trying to say, if you can inbox us just the service tag that will be of a great help, because if you communicate the service tag in public post its removed by our back end team as this is a public forum and the service tag has your personal details.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 3rd, 2017 10:00

The Forum title was too long. We shortened it. The title is simply PC model, part, problem etc.

The main problem is that is dangerous and toxic and the battery are indeed defective.
* The battery is defective. Replace it.

I had other brand of notebook (more than 2) ask me for battery change for free after 5 years from acquiring the pc and completely out of the normal warranty.
* We cannot speak to other manufacturer policies. Dell has its own worldwide battery and system policies that we adhere to.

i want to keep the communication public and not trying to keep bad customer service under private message.
* That is fine to keep discussion public, but we cannot allow you to post your private Service Tag number or private Express Service Ccode on a public thread. Which is why Dell-Parnoshree C asked for those via private message.

not sure which support team you are talking about,
* That is part of our worldwide policy. We send the private service tag number, battery complaint, pictures, etc. to a specialized team for review.

being ONLY less than 2 months out of warranty I got refused any possibility (also willing to pay some money).
* Per our policy for out of warranty systems, you must buy a replacement XPS 13 9350 battery and install it yourself or have someone locally do the work for you. You can see here on page 15 that changing the battery is not difficult. Below are the part numbers to use when searching on the internet for a replacement from a 3rd party seller =
5K9CP
JHXPY

That by the way I read of people with SAME problem and with more than 1 YEAR out of warranty got a replace of laptop for free. On what you base such decisions? rolling dices?
* No rolling dices. It was based on the specific battery part numbers. Your XPS 13 9350 batteries were not the list.

8 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 13:00

The Forum title was too long. We shortened it. The title is simply PC model, part, problem etc.

>The main problem is that is dangerous and toxic and the battery are indeed defective.

>> The battery is defective. Replace it.

I expect such service done by dell, see after for the explanation.

>I had other brand of notebook (more than 2) ask me for battery change for free after 5 years from acquiring the pc and completely out of the normal warranty.

> We cannot speak to other manufacturer policies. Dell has its own worldwide battery and system policies that we adhere to.

ok, I have no doubt that a Dell Liasion likes Dell whatever happens. I'm not both.

> i want to keep the communication public and not trying to keep bad customer service under private message.

>> That is fine to keep discussion public, but we cannot allow you to post your private Service Tag number or private Express Service Ccode on a public thread. Which is why Dell-Parnoshree C asked for those via private message.

Is happen previously that dell customer service try to push the talking in private channel after I give them the Express Service Code.

> not sure which support team you are talking about,

> >That is part of our worldwide policy. We send the private service tag number, battery complaint, pictures, etc. to a specialized team for review.

no problem on this, just would be better if the policy team was actually doing something other that complain over customer complaint.

>being ONLY less than 2 months out of warranty I got refused any possibility (also willing to pay some money).

>> Per our policy for out of warranty systems, you must buy a replacement XPS 13 9350 battery and install it yourself or have someone locally do the work for you. You can see here on page 15 that changing the battery is not difficult. Below are the part numbers to use when searching on the internet for a replacement from a 3rd party seller =

5K9CP

JHXPY

I have enough skill for change the battery by myself. My problem is legal part problem, here in Japan looks like we have some law (that I'm not practice about) that work as per the notebook is untouched and something life risky happen, the laptop company is responsible for that.

This is nothing to do with warranty and is product life extended. So if I open the Dell and change the battery, here in Japan I became the responsible for the product.

So suggesting to change the battery by myself is removing risk from Dell and putting the risk in the customer.

(I would like to highlight that I'm no expert in this)

>That by the way I read of people with SAME problem and with more than 1 YEAR out of warranty got a replace of laptop for free. On what you base such decisions? rolling dices?

>> No rolling dices. It was based on the specific battery part numbers. Your XPS 13 9350 batteries were not the list.

ok but you already stated "The battery is defective. Replace it.", so if the battery is defective why is not in the list.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 4th, 2017 15:00

I expect such service done by dell, see after for the explanation.
* That will not happen for this out of warranty computer.

ok, I have no doubt that a Dell Liasion likes Dell whatever happens. I'm not both.
* It has nothing to do with being a Dell Liaison. Dell employee follow Dell policy.

I have enough skill for change the battery by myself. My problem is legal part problem, here in Japan looks like we have some law (that I'm not practice about) that work as per the notebook is untouched and something life risky happen, the laptop company is responsible for that.
* You would need to pursue this line through the Dell Japan Legal department, not here on the USA DCF (Dell Community Forum).

This is nothing to do with warranty and is product life extended. So if I open the Dell and change the battery, here in Japan I became the responsible for the product.
* Again, we in the USA are not versed in this and will debate it. We simply follow the guidelines for the Dell Worldwide policies. You will need to debate this with our Dell Japan Legal department. I would start by using the Dell Japan Unresolved Issues form. In it, ask them for a way to email or call the Dell Japan Legal Department.

So suggesting to change the battery by myself is removing risk from Dell and putting the risk in the customer.
* You will need to debate this with our Dell Japan Legal department.

ok but you already stated "The battery is defective. Replace it.", so if the battery is defective why is not in the list.
* Batteries are consumables. Thus, all batteries will fail in time and are then called defective. The specific batteries in those other systems are in a different category than yours, based on when they were manufactured, who the manufacturer was, and the specific part number. ***, you will not get a free replacement system or battery. Nor can Dell onsite replace the battery for you.

8 Posts

July 5th, 2017 22:00

just look how many XPS have battery problems:

www.reddit.com/.../search

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 6th, 2017 07:00

Policy still stands. You would need to pursue this line through the Dell Japan Legal department, not here on the USA DCF (Dell Community Forum).

No Events found!