beurnii
1 Nickel

XPS 13 9360 SLOW BOOT: two dell post

After seeing some youtube video, I realised that my 9360 may had a problem. When I boot, there is 2 dell post. My boot time is quite bad, it's about 25 seconds.

I have windows fastboot enable.

Here a video of demonstration of my boot: 

I will provide any information, just ask me.

Thanks!

Bernard

0 Kudos
27 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: XPS 13 9360 SLOW BOOT: two dell post

Is McAfee Live Safe installed?

0 Kudos
beurnii
1 Nickel

I kept the free mcafee installed, but I dont think I have Mcafee livesafe

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Any version of McAfee will significantly increase the bootup time - get rid of it an just use Windows Defender.

beurnii
1 Nickel

I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstall tool and it doesn't seems to have no effect on my boot 😞

Anything else?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

emoticon.BigSmile.title

I'd suggest you disable some of the programs in (Task Manager) Startup. Please type Task Manager onto [Cortana] search box, and then click on Startup. If possible, post a image of the programs in Startup.

0 Kudos
beurnii
1 Nickel

Disabling start up programs didn't make any noticeable change.

However, I manage to only have one bios post which lead to windows login directly. I still have a blackscreen of about 7 seconde before the post and in total, it's taking 20 second to boot to login.

I think it's still quite slow, i'm sure it can be improved.

Disably thunderblot support for boot did'nt change anything and doing "powercfg -h off" (which disable fastboot) increase the boot time of about 10 second.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

What browser (or browsers) on the system? Chrome ? Microsoft Edge ? etc ?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

You could be experiencing a corrupt windows update. For example: When you power on system, windows try to install latest update but the update failed, therefore whenever you startup system again, the process repeat itself. I suggest you run the System file checker. Please follow steps below:

a) Press Windows key + X key at the same time, select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

If no corrupted system files were found , then I would suggest you try the following steps:

a) Select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command....  

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

0 Kudos
beurnii
1 Nickel

I have Microdoft edge(and IE) and chrome

0 Kudos