Highlighted
uweinside
1 Copper

XPS 13 9360 Windows Fall Creators (Build 1709) Update

Hello Folks,

I have a XPS 13 9360, 16 GB with an upgrade Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 1TB drive. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, and the system runs nicely. However, yesterday Windows Update made me upgrade to 1709. The upgrade process ran smoothly, but afterwards I had the following problems:

• When I tried to save a Hyper-V VM, my system sometimes crashes with a blue screen
  • When shutting down windows, the system gets stuck on the "Shutting down..." screen and can only be switched off by long-pressing the power-button. After that, the system boots into maintenance mode, when rebooting again it boots normally.

I forced a downgrade to 1703 and the problems disappeared again. Now I have disabled upgrades and am trying to find out how to fix this.

Has anyone run into problems with the 1709 update? Any suggenstions?

Cheers,

Uwe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: XPS 13 9360 Windows Fall Creators (Build 1709) Update

It seems the new Creator's build is causing several different types of problems with some of the Dell systems.  

Since you have already rolled back, I suggest you continue to wait until an update is released which helps.  Since there are several threads concerning some of these problems you should be able to tell when a fix is found.

I don't about the Hyper-V situation but I seem to remember it having problems with earlier builds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

uweinside,

Several users have reported experiencing issues after the update. I have personally experienced this with my own pc.  Others have formatted and reinstalled Windows, drivers and then the update without issues. Did you try reinstalling the chipset drivers after the update and then install any updated drivers into your computer? 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
uweinside
1 Copper

Hi folks,

allright, I will just try to delay the update for as long as possible. I might then reinstall the system with a fresh image, but that always takes half the weekend until all apps are up and running again.

Cheers, Uwe

0 Kudos