Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2016 01:00

XPS 13 Bluetooth AV receiver issue

Dear all,

I am puzzled... I got a brand new Yamaha RX V381 AV Receiver and I'm trying to play music through my laptop on it... but I cannot.

This AV receiver has a bluetooth option in it, my iPhone connects and plays music without any issues, my DELL XPS connects and I can see Yamaha device connected in the bluetooth settings, but when I play music  from WMP or any other music players, it plays sound through build-in speakers. 

I tried using this forum to set the Yamaha device as my default speaker device, but I cannot as I don't seem to have the option to do so.

Link to Yamaha receiver:

usa.yamaha.com/.../

Can you help me with this issue or suggest other option to send sound through the receiver? Not sure which cable connection I can use either?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 7th, 2016 09:00

KoyaNisq,

Try removing all the devices you have paired with the bluetooth, restart the computer and pair the reciever first. Then pair the others.,

3 Posts

December 8th, 2016 01:00

Hi Jesse L,

thank you for your reply, but I tried that already, plus I don't connect few devices simultaneously anyway, not to confuse the receiver... Do you have other suggestions? drivers etc?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 8th, 2016 04:00

KoyaNisq,

You can contact yamaha to possibly have them help you connect the receiver to your computer. You can also click the link below to view the manual for the receiver. 

http://dell.to/2h94vZC

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 8th, 2016 06:00

Your XPS whatever does work with other Bluetooth devices?

How far away is it?  The pairing operation works normally?  When you select the connect button, the device is listed and does connect?

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 11:00

Saltgrass, my laptop ACTUALLY connected to yamaha somehow, but plays music through laptop speakers and not Yamaha receiver... I don't get it.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 12:00

Check the playback devices, make sure the Yamaha receiver is there.  If it is you may have to disable the onboard speakers

If they are connected as part of a Bluetooth network you might be able to cast or project.

No Events found!