Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 4th, 2015 00:00

XPS 13 Bluetooth issue, Windows 10

I am having a strange bluetooth problem with my XPS 13 that I haven't found a solution for anywhere on the web. I have a bluetooth mouse that connects fine, and doesn't lose connection. The problem is that if i have the mouse connected and put my laptop into sleep mode, then turn off the mouse, upon resuming windows it doesn't detect that the mouse has been disconnected. I am running Windows 10, and I have a setting enabled that disables the touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is connected, so as you can imagine the device becomes very difficult to use in the situation that this issue creates. This is definitely an issue with Windows 10, not the laptop, but if anyone has a solution to this problem(not a workaround), it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

36 Posts

September 4th, 2015 19:00

Can I ask what bluetooth mouse you're using?  I can't get my Logitech M557 to work reliably with my XPS-13.

4 Posts

September 4th, 2015 21:00

it's a HP x4000b.

4 Posts

September 9th, 2015 11:00

bump?

1 Message

October 3rd, 2015 07:00

i have the same problem

Win 10, BT after sleep is not connecting well.

Lior,

1 Message

November 17th, 2015 09:00

BT behaves different everytime. If this is Win10, they should fix this ASAP.

It is a shame.

2 Posts

January 1st, 2016 12:00

I have had a similar problem with my XPS13 (L321X) since upgrading to windows 10. I use a bluetooth mouse. Each time I close down and start up the mouse does not properly reconnect. It shows in the bluetooth menu as being paired and connected, but does not work. I have to unpair the mouse showing in as paired, then pair the mouse again. Each time it goes through the process of loading the drivers. The mouse will work until I shutdown and start up again. I have purchased a new mouse Logitech M557 thinking it was my older Microsoft notebooks mouse 5000, but this did not make a difference. I have seen that sometimes hardware can be turned off by the computer to save power, but have gone through all the relevant drivers to make sure that this setting is disabled. I have not found anything online that has been helpful so far.

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2016 15:00

Hey kenmcf1, sounds like you have the same problem. I think it is related to the "Fast Startup" feature that is present in Windows 10. It stores the current state of the operating system, which might include the bluetooth connection and driver status. If you disable this feature it might solve the problem for you, this process is discussed here: www.tenforums.com/.../4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html Hope that helps!

February 28th, 2016 05:00

I'm having the same problem as kenmcf1 (but with a Bluetooth speaker). I'll try your suggestion and see if it works. Thanks

2 Posts

March 4th, 2016 22:00

I have looked at this now. There is no option for fast start up as is shown in the link, and on further checking it looks like hibernate is not an option on my BIOS. I have checked the registry as well and fast startup is definitely disabled in the registry. Any other ideas would be most appreciated. 

1 Message

July 11th, 2016 09:00

I have the similar problem. I bought a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile 3600 to use with XPS 13. Sometimes my bluetooth mouse works perfectly fine but sometimes it does not work at all. There is no bluetooth icon at the taskbar when the mouse was not working.

11 Posts

July 11th, 2016 11:00

Weird Bluetooth issues on my brand new XPS 13 9350 as well. I've had it where it's working fine and do a simple restart, and after the restart the mouse doesn't work. Restart again and now it works.

All drivers updated based on July 8 Dell driver site listing.

Using a Microsoft Arc Mouse Surface Edition Bluetooth mouse.

No Events found!