Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2016 22:00

XPS 13 & DA200 VGA adapter not working

I have a brand new XPS13 9350 and bought the DA200 adapter, as soon as I got home I connected it to my old Samsung S22A350B VGA monitor.  Windows 10 cant detect the second monitor.  I have searched the forums, and this looks like a common problem, but I can't seem to find an answer to this issue.  I have already updated firmware and thunderbolt, usb and display drivers from the files located in dell's support page.

anyone has a solution for this?  I will try to get in touch with a tech rep tomorrow.

regards.

1 Message

April 17th, 2016 20:00

I have the same problem, and seen that others have it to. I've already updated all drivers and BIOS that I can find.

Dell producing a laptop with no integrated video output was a bad Idea, I didn't notice their latest XPS machines didn't include video out for a projector or second monitor

Selling the DL200 that doesn't function for many users  is intolerable!

Maybe there is a Dell employee who can help, or do we just send this useless hardware back!

1 Message

April 18th, 2016 10:00

My problem is the same with XPS13 9350..

Purchased DA200 on advice of Dell customer service. Can't get it to work.

Spoke to Dell technical service and others in Dell for over an hour. The final advice was that I need a DA100 but I was specifically told originally to get the DA200 rather than DA100..

I will try customer service (closes at 5pm) once more but am not holding out much hope!

April 18th, 2016 11:00

I got in touch with customer service.  the guy was helpful and polite, I gave him remote control of my laptop and after more than an hour trying to find a solution without success (reinstalling drivers, basically) the conclusion was to hard reset windows to factory settings.  disappointing, to say the least.  the laptop was brand new (I had only installed SQL Server and Office at that point) so there was no reason to believe that a factory reset would solve the problem. 

Still can't use my second screen, frustrating from a productivity point of view and extremely angry that I bought two pieces of hardware from Dell that can't work together.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2016 06:00

I have the same problem with latest XPS 13 - the Dell staff have had hours of remote access but can't fix the issue.  Very poor service and product Dell.  You are selling products that don't work with your own devices!!!

I have been told to 'wait while a higher tech can work out what to do!"   Still waiting.  Would rather return this computer as it doesn't perform as it should.

They have refused a refund!  appalling!

1 Message

July 25th, 2016 09:00

I have the same problem.... xps13 -9350 brand new with da200... vga not working!!!!

I wish I could give it back!!!! very disappointing for its money.

11 Posts

July 28th, 2016 12:00

All those having problems with the DA200 not recognizing or being able to use any of the ports(Ethernet, USB or VGA).

I had the same issue and if you look in Device Manager you will see the devices connect and reconnect over and over until it fails and you can't use the ports.

So on another thread I found people with issues with anything connected to the USB 3.1 port(DA200 and TB15 docking stations, and 3rd party devices).

On those threads there is a workaround to reduce the "POWER OUTPUT" of the WIFI to 50% from the default 100%. Go to Device Manager->Network Adapters->Dell Wireless 1820A->Properties->Advanced and scroll to find "Power Output". Change the value to 50%.

Then connect the DA200.

This fix has been working for me for the last two weeks and still waiting on Dell support to provide a full resolution.

Hope this helps all of you

10 Posts

August 16th, 2016 06:00

I have an XPS 9350 and am using an Apple A1621 Thunderbolt to HDMI / USB 3.0 / Thunderbolt (F) and it works for me flawlessly on a number of different monitors.

October 13th, 2016 05:00

did you ever find a solution to this?

1 Message

October 26th, 2016 08:00

Good for you, but this is about DA200 and the VGA.

I have the DA200 adapter too, and same problem with the VGA. The HDMI, Ethernet and USB work perfect, but the VGA does nothing.

March 20th, 2017 03:00

I have the same problem.

My DA200 used to work perfectly, but due to the latest windows update it stopped working for the vga&hdmi ports, but still work for usb.

Sadly, I can't uninstall the specific update:(

Did any of you find a solution? I read something about changing the wifi adapter output power to 75%, but could not find that option in my network adapter settings...

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

September 7th, 2017 04:00

Anything new on this?

I have the same problem, the DA200 ports for USB, NIC and HDMI works fine but VGA is dead....

No Events found!