Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SP

August 29th, 2012 10:00

XPS 13 Ubook Trackpad preventing sleep

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue;
but when the lid of my XPS 13 is open, when it comes time to sleep (2 min), it does not sleep.
the display turns off correctly (1 min).
I uninstalled and reinstalled latest driver from Dell (2.3.6.34 A02 8W575)
Windows is also confirming this under "Performance Information and Tools>Advanced Tools"
Drivers are interferring with Windows entering sleep mode.
When I click view details it shows the Trackpad Driver "cyhid.sys" as the offender.

Now if I close the lid, the unit sleeps no problem...

4.4K Posts

August 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi  picardsm,

Welcome to the Community,

Thank you for posting your findings.

Could you confirm if  uninstalling and reinstalling Touchpad driver fixed the issue?

Thank You

36 Posts

August 30th, 2012 12:00

I have uninstalled and re-installed the driver.  I am working with DELL-Harish R over in the XPS Owners Club forum.

But any input is welcome.

4.4K Posts

September 1st, 2012 00:00

Hi  picardsm,

There is a new Touchpad driver released on   8/30/2012  Version  A03 2.5.0.52 .I would suggest you to uninstall the current driver and try this new driver: www.dell.com/.../xps-13-l321x

Let me know if this helps,

Thank You

36 Posts

September 1st, 2012 06:00

do you even check the link you provide?

that link goes to a "We're sorry" page.

none of us can get that update, as well as the quickset update.  both dated 8/30/12.

is this a support forum, or just an aggregate of "wing it" conversations?

I can't seem to get support over at the "Owners club" either.

>:(

4.4K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 21:00

Yes,the link was checked before posting and I can confirm the link if working as I am able to open the same link on my system.If you're not able to open the link,try deleting cookies from your browser or use a different browser.

I've further checked the link for QuickSet Utility and it is working too : www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

36 Posts

September 4th, 2012 13:00

I was finally able to download the Cypress Driver.  Without clearing cookies.

i tried deleting cookies, using firefox, ie9, still no go with quickset.  I am not the only one receiving issues downloading.

cannot download the new bios (dated 9/4/12) as well as the network driver (dated 9/4/12).

36 Posts

September 4th, 2012 13:00

looks like they pulled the bios driver A07.  no longer listed

4.4K Posts

September 5th, 2012 05:00

Hi  picardsm,

BIOS A07 is still listed however both BIOS and Quickset Utility download is not working as of now.

I tried network driver was able to download.So looks like recently updated drivers are having issues while downloading.I suggest you to wait for couple of days  before you try to download these updated drivers.

36 Posts

September 5th, 2012 06:00

downloading is spotty.  I keep trying randomly. I have been able to download the Cypress (this is the one I needed), the bios, and the network adapter.  The only one I haven't been able to download is Quickset.  Which is fine as I am not havining issues with it.  The Cypress one seems to have fixed my sleep issue.  I hope.

4.4K Posts

September 5th, 2012 22:00

Glad to know the sleep issue seems to have been fixed.

No Events found!