Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 09-30-2017 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 Ultrabook battery not charging

Hi My year old XPS 13 Ultrabook's battery is not charging when plugged in. I measured the voltage of the power adaptor at the plug (the end that connects to the Ultrabook) and the voltage level seem fine at 19.4V However when I plug and unplug the power when the Ultrabook is off, the LED turns on and off accordingly. My Ultrabook is L321x, running Windows 7, and has BIOS A7 installed. Does anyone have the same issue, and is there anything I can do to check what wrong? Thanks for any help Ka
Replies (53)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm having the same trouble. I'd like to hear how things went with you before investing more in this laptop which may be a lemon. I wonder how many others are in this situation. Thanks for your help.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 stopped charging literally two weeks after year warranty expired.

My wife is convinced it was programmed to die this way.

Bought a new Dell 45W power supply no change.

This is such a common problem why is there not a recall?  Laptop that reliably dies after one year? Probably a $5 part in there is faulty but support seems to be happy to swap mobo without looking further. Anyone out of warranty is up the creek.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I downloaded del Bios, but its not installing ....giving error battery should be above 10%
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Battery status is fine. 

BIOS is A08

Adaptor says Unknown. 

I have changed the adaptor too, and I am having the same problem.

10 Diamond

The battery won't charge with an unrecognized power adapter - if you've already tried another, the fault is with the power jack or mainboard.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I had the same problem with my dell AC adaptor. It worked for a while then it stopped working. They sent me a new one and it works fine. If you bought a new adaptor then maybe the manufacturer will send you a replacement.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm having the same problem, AC adapter is not recognized and I can't charge the battery.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I had Dell send a tech out twice. Replaced two separate ac adapters, two motherboards and a keyboard before I had to send it back to Dell. They again replaced the motherboard and wiped my hard drive. Now my XPS 13 overheats, the fan makes noise and the computer will not go into sleep mode.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

my xps 13 laptop that I pay 2500$ (for 2.5gig solid state) have this *** charging problem 1 month after the warranty died.....I change the power supply, the battery, the moterboard, I try everything (Im a computer ingeneer)....I've just been hang off on the phone by the dell support staff after 30 min of waiting and giving them my service tag 3 times....It's the last *** dell I buy .......

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have been having the same issues and i ended up buying a new charger wich worked for a while, but now the issue is back. Might i ask how you remove the battery on a dell xps13 321x?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor