Highlighted
johnny_x123
1 Nickel

XPS 13 display problems / screen goes fuzzy - after windows 10 upgrade

Since upgrading my xps13 L321x to windows 10, my display goes fuzzy/glitching/corrupted after a few minutes of use, you can still make out what's on the screen but its very fuzzy.  

Once it goes fuzzy, If I close the lid, and open the lid, then I'm presented with the login screen which looks ok again, and when I log on then the display is ok, for a couple of minutes

This started immediately after the windows 10 update.

Please help

52 Replies
jcgibbins
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 13 display problems / screen goes fuzzy - after windows 10 upgrade

I experienced this problem on my XPS 13 once I upgraded from windows 7 to 8, and have still got the issue with windows 10 although it has been less frequent.

I have got a script on my desktop which turns the screen off and you can wake it back up by moving the mouse, this seems to fix the problem.

I have had this issue for quite sometime and have never found somebody else reporting the same thing!

0 Kudos
APrasad91
1 Copper

Experiencing the same issues! Please help!

If i close the laptop and open it, after I login, the screen starts flickering terribly!

chei2227
1 Copper

Same thing happens to me on my dell inspiron 14. when i press the screen disable button, and then turn it back on, that helps for a little while.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?!

0 Kudos
Pardha Saradhi
1 Copper

Same thing happened twice to me on my dell XPS 15Z after updating  to windows 10. please suggest solution.

0 Kudos
KHAMER
1 Copper

Same machine, same issue and causing me real grief. Its fine when plugged in to a monitor but not the screen on the actual laptop.

Does anyone have any solutions at all?

K.

0 Kudos
jonatee
1 Copper

Same laptop, exactly the same symptoms after windows 10 updated. Tried different version of video/chipset drivers but no help. Tried clean install of windows 10, but again no help.

Also, it seems this becomes more frequent when a metro app (mail/news) is in use.

0 Kudos
predot
1 Copper

installing windows 10 through free upgrade, not clean install. so far there is no problem YET.

xps 13 9343 2015 model.

will let know, when there is start any problem on display or any hardware.

0 Kudos
Ian Zarzuela
1 Nickel

For solution or work-around on the flickering issue, Refer to:

en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19646166

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19646166 

0 Kudos
Cali Duck
1 Nickel

I have a client experiencing the same display issue on his XPS 13 L321X . We did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 64bit - fully patched.

The client previously had an issue with their track pad, where it wouldn't scroll with two fingers. We resolved that by installing a newer Cyprus track pad driver from Dell Downloads.

We notice that the issue seems to occur generally when using the track pad, so we uninstalled the newer driver and tried both Microsoft Driver and Dell Recommended driver from support - the issue continued to occur regardless of the track pad driver.

We installed the Intel Driver Update utility to verify the graphics driver is current - no updates found.

We have updated the BIOS (A08) to the latest version available and reset to default settings.

Any assistance/suggestions in the matter would be appreciated.