SpydaKat
1 Copper

RE: XPS 13 screen flickers when waking up after Windows 10 upgrade

Jump to solution

Please also hit their twitter account. @DellCares I'm talking to them now and they're suggesting that I do a clean install, when all of you guys have already said that it doesn't change anything. It is September, this is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
FlashG1975
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've update to the latest Intel Driver released a few days ago (from Intel website, not Dell) and so far, the flicker has gone

"driver version 10.18.15.4279"

I take that back - it has started flickering again with the latest Intel Driver .4279

0 Kudos
HeikoMa
1 Copper

Jump to solution

When will dell finally solved the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
redbird71
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I can confirm that driver 4279 (from Intel) does not fix the flickering for me. 

Undying
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Does not work for me. Changing the C-State seems to help.

0 Kudos
tenkavideo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

hello

same issue here, not flickering, but after sleep hw accelleration goes and all is laggy,need to shutdown with power botton

also battery life is halfed tha wn 8.1

no dell official answer????

0 Kudos
gbdillon
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Does a XPS 13 9343 with a Dell Factory installed Windows 10 have the same flickering problem?
0 Kudos
tenkavideo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

new drivers on dell support

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi All,

To eliminate the flickering issue, please download the Intel graphics driver version 10.18.15.4278 for Microsoft Windows 10 currently available on the Dell Support site in the link below.

http://dell.to/1iizmQ5

Note: But the latest update from Intel 10.18.15.4279 gets updated automatically will bring back the issue so you will need to block device driver updates on Windows 10. Please follow the steps below provided by gbdillon in previous post.

Step 1: Navigate to Control Panel within Settings.

Step 2: Click on System, in the Control Panel.

Step 3: After the System Properties window is launched, click "Advanced System Settings" located on the left hand side of the screen.

Step 4: In the Advanced System Properties window, click on the Hardware tab and select Device Installation Settings.

Step 5: When in Device installation settings, select "No, let me choose what to do" and "Never install driver software from Windows update".

Step 6: Save the selected preference and restart the system.

The system drivers will now stop automatic updates and users will have to manually install drivers for any new hardware that needs to be interfaced with the system."

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
PCofInterest
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell-Ravi BC: I installed 10.18.15.4278.  It absolutely did NOT resolve the flickering problem for me.  In fact, it made it far more severe.  The only usable work-around remains disabling C-State in BIOS.

Is anybody at Dell actually testing this problem????  It seems like you just keep pushing all new updates onto us and asking us to see if it works.  How about you guys actually test and solve the problem for once?  This is really getting ridiculous...