Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2015 10:00

XPS 13 screen flickers when waking up after Windows 10 upgrade

Whenever i turn on the laptop, or wake the screen up when it goes dark, the screen starts to flicker. It's like it's glitching a couple of seconds before it stops.. It goes on for about 5-10 seconds. It started to happen after i upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday (i got my XPS 13 yesterday). It's the i7 model with the infinity touch display. 

I have checked that i have all the latest drivers. So is this software, or hardware? And what can i do to fix this?

11 Posts

October 9th, 2015 13:00

sorry...this is the correct one :support.microsoft.com/.../3073930

19 Posts

October 9th, 2015 14:00

Or even simpler try the solution posted by MarkMessenger on August 26th which a number of people found to work.

11 Posts

October 9th, 2015 15:00

u mean to change resolution every time? if yes there a quicker solution than this, there are a cmd command for reinitialize the video driver, search on google

after do step by step my solution is worked on mine and with other 2 friends xps

the important thing is to disable the drivers autoupdate and overwrite inf files

19 Posts

October 9th, 2015 16:00

Nothing to do with resolution change.  Just an easy installation of the Chipset as instructed by Dell.  This worked for me and quite a few others who posted over the past six weeks that they had a similar experience following the instructions given in MarkMessenger's August 26th message.  I have no doubt that your process works as modifying the INF file is all that is needed (see my previous message about this) and this is what Dell's approach does in the simplest most direct manner.  But whatever works is fine as a flickerless screen is the desired endpoint.

3 Posts

October 9th, 2015 17:00

I'm getting really frustrated with posts suggesting that I disable Windows Update for drivers, disable C-State, or do some other  trick to get this to work.

It is not unreasonable to have the benefits of Windows Update and C-State with a laptop that Dell advertises as being Windows 10-compatible.

How about Dell just fixes the effing problem instead of suggesting workarounds?

SHAME ON YOU DELL. SHAME ON YOU DELL. SHAME ON YOU!

8 Posts

October 9th, 2015 17:00

I agree!!

It is time for Dell to fix this problem once and for all!!

I wonder if they are even listening or care.

At least they could acknowledge there is a problem and inform us they are working on a solution.

A timeline is also in order.

It is time Dell delivered the laptop advertised!!

20 Posts

October 11th, 2015 02:00

Still no reaction from Dell! I'll leave the XPS 13 and change to the new Surface Book.
Very poor service Dell, I am very disappointed!

10 Posts

October 11th, 2015 20:00

DO YOU KNOW THAT A BRAND NEW XPS 13 WITH 6-GEN INTEL PROCESSOR IS NOW AVAILABLE (WIN10 PREINSTALLED) ?

IT LOOKS LIKE DELL CAN'T SOLVE THE FLICKERING ISSUE IN THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

20 Posts

October 12th, 2015 00:00

With the Microsoft driver the flickering doesn't exist, why not solve Dell the problem?

3 Posts

October 12th, 2015 01:00

What driver?

20 Posts

October 12th, 2015 01:00

Microsoft Basic Driver (Win10)

3 Posts

October 12th, 2015 02:00

Driver for what device?

20 Posts

October 12th, 2015 03:00

Graphiccard

October 12th, 2015 14:00

I hope that's not correct. All current work arounds are not sustainable. The Intel patch didn't work on my system. I hope a fix comes and we are told when it does. Jeepers.

7 Posts

October 13th, 2015 00:00

Hi, is this annoying flickering problem connected also with the fact that it is now more than a week or so that I have my XPS say there is a Windows update waiting to be installed (KB3093266) but it never completes? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

No Events found!