Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 08:00

XPS 13 sensitivity issue

New XPS 13.  Windows 8.1.  The touchpad/cursor is way too sensitive.  Just passing over items will open them.  I cannot find a way in control panel to stop this or reduce the sensitivity.  Suggestions?

June 30th, 2015 19:00

Anyone?

2 Posts

June 30th, 2015 20:00

What worked for me was to turn off taps in the settings for the touchpad.  Since I use the buttons, not the pad, it causes me no problems and eliminated the annoying hypersensitivity

July 1st, 2015 14:00

Thanks for the advice.  Searched for 20 minutes for that setting. can't locate it.  Search is useless.  Really disappointed with Dell.  I guess I should have spent a little more and bought Apple.  At least they are available within a reasonable driving distance (to me) when one needs help. 

2 Posts

July 1st, 2015 14:00

I just discovered that an earlier version on another laptop does not allow this.  They must have added it in response to endless aggravated customers.

I sympathize with wanting a Mac, even though I hate the Mac OS even more than I hate Windows 8.  

July 1st, 2015 21:00

Thanks.  I'm not a fan of Windows 8.1 either.  I m hoping Windows 10 will bring back some normalcy.  Adding to my difficulties is that my first XPS 13 had issues and I am now on a new replacement. 

I would love to like this laptop as I have used Dell for years but my recent problems and the lack of support really make me want to return this and go Apple.  My wife is on her first Apple and likes it.  Apple has great support and when there is an issue or a question to be answered they are available.  Since I am not near India I guess being a Dell customer give me a handicap.  :(

October 13th, 2015 22:00

Updating - Because of the flickering issue Dell replaced my laptop with another brand new one.  Only today was the flickering issue resolved (I hope).  Mouse-over issue remains.

Now using Windows 10 - same mouse=over sensitivity issue.  As I move the cursor over a page new windows open.  The cursor is not stopping but it it's over the same ad/page/whatever for even a half a second whatever is there opens. 

Has anyone experienced this and if so how do you stop it?  Thanks!!

No Events found!