Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 20th, 2015 06:00

XPS-13 sleeping?

How do you tell when the XPS-13 9343 is sleeping?  With other laptops I've had the power led blinks.  But with this laptop there is no indication that I can find that it's sleeping.  So how do you know when it's sleeping?

Tom

August 20th, 2015 07:00

Hi, 

Does the sleep mode works when you try?? 

The basic feature of a sleep mode is the power led should blink. 

Try updating the BIOS. Windows has nothing to do with the settings, the settings are regulated by motherboard. 

Regards

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 20th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thanks you for writing to us!

The power button led will be breathing white.

Thanks

Robin

36 Posts

August 20th, 2015 16:00

Does the sleep mode works when you try?? 

I don't know.  That's what I'm trying to find out.  When I click SLEEP the screen goes black and the power LED goes off.  Is it sleeping?

August 20th, 2015 18:00

Hi,
Ideally the power led should blink. The reason why I asked if the sleep mode is working is because, if you have kept any applications open during sleep mode, when you switch on the machine, are the application still open?? This will confirm if the sleep mode is working or not .

Regards

36 Posts

August 20th, 2015 19:00

Hi,
Ideally the power led should blink. The reason why I asked if the sleep mode is working is because, if you have kept any applications open during sleep mode, when you switch on the machine, are the application still open?? This will confirm if the sleep mode is working or not .

Regards

Yes, when I switch the computer back on, programs that were running are still there.  The automatic schedule also follows the sleep schedule.  Again no led blinking.  It seems to be sleeping in every respect except that the power light doesn't blink.  I don't think it's hibernating because the default schedule on that is way out there like 18 hours or something.  Bios is the latest bios.

36 Posts

August 23rd, 2015 16:00

How do I get the power LED to blink (breath) when the XPS-13 is sleeping?  Windows 10.  There is no way to tell if the laptop is fully turned off.

August 26th, 2015 04:00

It may not make sense, but could you please update video drivers as well, if its still the same, then suspecting hardware issue.
is the machine under warranty??

Regards

August 26th, 2015 05:00

Are the other machine also on windows 8?? If the issue started lately, can you please try a system restore???

371 Posts

August 26th, 2015 05:00

i have the 3542, the power light does nothing when im in sleep mode. and thats the way it is suppose to be. not every laptop will blink when sleeping.

36 Posts

August 26th, 2015 19:00

is the machine under warranty??

Yes.  It's a new laptop, only 2 weeks old.

i have the 3542, the power light does nothing when im in sleep mode. and thats the way it is suppose to be. not every laptop will blink when sleeping.

I think Jessy is correct.  I just found a document about the XPS-13 that states this.  The power-status light is off when the computer is in Sleep state, Hibernate state, or turned off.

No Events found!