Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

December 10th, 2008 15:00

XPS 1330 keeps freezing after blue screen of death. Memory, MB and HD already changed

Hi,

I got an XPS 1330 and it worked for a month. I started to get the blue screen of death and after getting it I could not turn on the computer (sometimes it would freeze on the boot screen). Al system was restored several times, so it is not a sw issue...

Support already changed motherboard, HD and memory. Problem persists. I have 2 questions:

1 - any ideas on what could be the issue? it is an XPS brand new, built in July.

2 - Any ideas on how to get a new computer? I got it from Best Buy, so DELL keeps telling me that Best Buy should fix. The problem is that the G Squad is not competent and it looks like my computer will be forever damaged. ANy suggestions here? Is there an special department within DELL that could assist? should I start to talk to lawyers about it?

tks,

1.6K Posts

December 10th, 2008 16:00

A good place to start:  F12 at powerup.  Boot to the Dell diagnostics and run the extended hardware tests on everything, particularly the hard drive.

Best Buy-sold Dells are service by Best Buy so you must work with them.

Read your warranty - the purchase agreement precludes any legal action - in other words, don't waste your money on a lawyer.  You gave up that right when you bought the system.

No Events found!