jeff215
1 Copper

XPS 14Z LCD Screen Replacement

Anyone know where I can find a replacement screen for my xps 14z?  Part LP140WH6 TJA1.  Dell does not have it.  Every 3rd party is out of stock. I have checked every website.  I have contacted every website that claims to have it in stock but really does not.  This laptop is only 1 year old but can't be fixed?  At this point, I would take recommendations for another screen that would fit, even if my webcam has to be removed.

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: XPS 14Z LCD Screen Replacement

Hi jeff215,

Did you try contacting Dell sales department? If not, go to www.support.dell.com 
Select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information. 

Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to 
http://dell.to/YBlak6

0 Kudos
jeff215
1 Copper

As i stated, of course I contacted Dell. Item not in stock.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff215,

I am posting on behalf of Dell-Vikram M. In order to assist you in a better way, I would need the service tag of your computer. 

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with information. 

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

0 Kudos
jeff215
1 Copper

I haven't received a reply yet.

0 Kudos
Natanous
1 Copper

Dell does seem to have these now, but wants $299 for them.  That is just crazy!  Keep bugging Dell to lower their prices on the parts.  If they keep playing business like this I will never buy a Dell again.  It almost seems like this particular screen is a proprietary design and therefore no one has these available (maybe because Dell won't let them make them?), at least with the tabs on the bottom for the screws.  There is a similar one with the exact same LP number on ebay, but it's for an LG laptop.  The screw holes won't line up with the 14z.  It's only 176 bucks though, so not as crazy on price.  I'm holding out for one of the 3rd party vendors to get these in stock.  There has to be a huge demand for them.  Also try looking at wholesalers like Alibaba from Hong Kong and China to maybe get one.  Most of them have a minimum order of 3 or more to purchase them.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Natanous
1 Copper

Update;  Try Aliexpress..  Much much cheaper than Dell.  I think I'm going to try this route.  Dell, care to comment on your pricing???  Still can't figure out why it can't be 89 bucks like most of the other LCD screens.  There are a lot of other XPS 14z screens selling for this price, but the one for the L412z isn't compatible with these less expensive screens... WHY?

0 Kudos
Natanous
1 Copper

NBKit.com has the best price for a perfectly matching screen.  I ordered 1 and hopefully it won't take too long.  This is the price Dell should have been charging all along.  

0 Kudos
altjxx
1 Copper

First of all, I have to say SCREW DELL. Good luck for any customers with this model laptop getting a replacement screen. Better save your $299 and head for a Lenovo or something. It's ridiculous that it costs $299. I would feel a little bit more comfortable paying at LEAST $199 considering I just bought the laptop less than a year ago and have been buying products from Dell for years -- not any more of course.

As a matter of fact, you can just save your $299 and double that on a new XPS 14z i7 8GB DDR3 750GB HDD since people are selling them brand new on eBay for like $700. I'm sure Dell hasn't even considered lowering that price even provided the fact that this laptop has probably flopped in sales. Just ridiculous. Never recommending Dell again as I used to -- that's for sure.

0 Kudos
lindleyc
1 Copper

Here is my 2 cents...not that they seem to care!

I have now gone through five Dell Sales reps and 8.5 hours on the phone with them....no exaggeration. I am a repair shop and charge $100.00 per hour. I have to eat all this time because It is too ridiculous to charge the customer and still be called professional. The Dell reps keep telling me they will return my call in 48 hours after they get appoval on the order. This has been going on for 6 weeks. I got the name and ext. of the last two I have talked to and have been calling them religiously everyday and leaving messages, they do not return the call. I finally escalated to a supervisor and was told they were both out sick for the last ten days and that is why I did not get a call back. When I asked why another employee was not handling their workload while they were gone I was told by the supervisor and I quote " Their phone is not attended until they return and that is why you have not received the service you were promised."

Clearly the work ethic in whatever country Dell has farmed this out to is not one that I have grown up with or have ever even heard of before. Ludicrous is all I can say. I have really been trying to sing the praises of Dell computer to my customers for a long time now but this and numerous other incidents with other dell PC's and servers (all service related, not quality of equipment), not to mention that they don't have parts for a 18 month old laptop when they claim to keep parts for 5 years, really makes me have to rethink recommending Dell to anyone anymore. All pc's work when you get them new, it is the commitment to ongoing service and parts availability that separates the good from the bad and I'm sorry to say that Dell has now moved into the bad category for me. This has happened to many times. The customer service is atrocious and it didn't used to be. This is a new behavior in the last couple of years. The farming out thing has been there for longer than that, but at least they used to try and pretend to care. Now they don't even pretend! I guess I have to move all my customers toward Lenovo for their new purchases and see how they fair. We all complain about buying everything from china, the problem is that when you try as hard as I have to buy American and recommend American and they continually let you down, what else can you do? It's a shame! If a Dell rep reads this you really should do something about the way you treat your customers...loyal or otherwise.