snangle
1 Copper

Re: XPS 14Z LCD Screen Replacement

Hello.  Has anyone found a better source for this screen?  I have a broked screen and can't find anything lower than $225 on ebay and I am not 100% sure that model is correct item.  Plus this LCD screen is very difficult and different from standard laptop LCD repairs and I am not interested in breaking another one so I am looking at $65 to $100 for labor to complete this repair.  So at $325 I am really wondering if it's worth putting that out for a 2 yr old machine. 

In addition I it appears Dell does not have it in stock right now.  The better option is what is on NBKIT.com as it's the lid with the LCD already installed on it.  However that is over $525 plus shipping...totally not worth it for a 2 yr old laptop. 

I am hoping there is a lower cost option available somewhere as it's still a good laptop, but not at $500+

0 Kudos
Natanous
1 Copper

I purchased the entire assembly on eBay.  I tried a different site (NBKIT.COM) and would not ever ever use them again.  They ripped me off and delayed things just long enough so that Paypal dropped my eligibility to file a claim against them.  I would buy the LCD if you're trying to save a few bucks and give that a whirl.  If it doesn't fit you will be out the return shipping to the seller in HK or China. Mine was $45 to send back.  If you get the assy it's a guaranteed good fit pretty much.  That's why I went that route.  The installation isn't that hard on this screen.  Just take your time taking the rubber frame off (I would start at the bottom on a corner and work your way around.)  Once that's off you have 2 screws at the bottom and a careful disconnect of the screen and webcam (I recommend disconnecting the webcam from the top of the LCD itself to make it easier on yourself.)  Good luck on whatever path you decide on.  I opted to save the laptop from the desktop only mode with external screen.  It's a nice computer, just wish Dell would sell the replacement parts at an affordable price.  I think the LCD or Assy on eBay are worth the price vs. if you were to have to replace the computer and sell the computer for parts.  Just my $0.02.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
snangle
1 Copper

Praveen: many thanks for the referral.  I just looked it up and it's certainly the right part based on the part numbers and that is a great price compared to everything else out there.  I just went ahead and ordered it this morning.  Hopefully it will work out well.  I will update this thread when it arrives and installs and is in working condition again so anyone else out there looking for a replacement will know where they can go to get their laptop working again.

0 Kudos
lindleyc
1 Copper

Hi Guys, I checked out the aliexpress.com site and was not very happy with what I found out so beware!  I did however find that Ebay has the screen with buyer protection and of course linked to PayPal, still comming from China but its new I and fell a little better protected.  They have three left now after my purchase so hurry. Here is the link cgi.ebay.com/.../eBayISAPI.dll

0 Kudos
xps14zzz
1 Copper

RE: XPS 14Z LCD Screen Replacement

Jeff,

Have you solve your problem? My kids broke the screen. After several months waiting, we finally got a refurbished screen from Dell. Now only if I can figure out how to replace it. It did not come with any instruction. Can you please share with me how to replace it if you know? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos