Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2013 06:00

XPS 14z just 8 beeps and nothig more

Hi Simon, thanks a lot. I just remember that three years ago I bought a xps 1210 and the battery broke just at the same time as the warranty expired. Now it happens the same with the xps 14z. Could it be a Dell's policy? What you tell make me feel almost hopeless, I would expect at least to rescue my data files. Anyway I will go today to the Dell's service shop to see what do they say. I will let you know the results. By the way I am so reluctant to go with Dell's lap tops again.
Regards

Luis

11 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 12:00

Okay so a reflow technique did the trick.

3.3K Posts

February 20th, 2013 06:00

Hi Luis,

Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered with the computer. I realize, only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely.

8 beeps on the computer indicate LCD failure.

Kindly private message me the service tag. I will review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

February 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi Rajesh, it appears you haven´t received my two e-mails sent you yesterday. Here my tag number again:  DSXX6R1.  Still in the problem.

Cheers.

Luis Manuel

1 Message

February 27th, 2013 17:00

Luis - If Dell can't/won't do anything I would LOVE to buy your laptop. I am in need of some parts as mine broke. I have 10 years of IT expereince and would recover your files for you. Email me <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

3 Posts

June 28th, 2013 08:00

Luis,

I have the same issue with the same machine. Not much luck when contacting Dell for help either. As a matter of fact, one time I was placed on hold and was forwarded to some weird automated marketing/spam number. Really weird. Anyways, I tried so many different things, even opening the machine and double checking all ribbon connections, especially the one for the lcd. This didn't work however. For my situation, I just end up rebooting multiple times until the damn thing actually boots into windows. Therefore, I was relying on leaving the machine on standby and dreading having to restart/shutdown.

The only thing that has worked and alleviated most of the beeping was the following (I'm on windows 7):

Run 'msconfig', go to the boot section and check 'no GUI boot'. This alleviated the issue most of the time, but not 100%.

11 Posts

September 20th, 2014 12:00

I think I have the latest bios, I'm not sure if I can do much since the machine doesn't boot to bios or Windows.

let my try the reboot multiple times

thanks man

3 Posts

Sometimes, it is just a couple of times. Sometimes, I've had to reboot up to 20 times. It's damn crazy. The lack of consistency makes me believe it's a software issue, but may also be hardware where even the temperature of the machine can affect one of the components.

Have you tried updating the bios from the dell support download site for that machine?

I also looked into turning off some of the tests it runs at startup such as the safeboot. However, it appears for this particular bios, there is no option to change this.

Eventually I got fed up and purchased a new laptop. Still have my 14z though and use it at work as a supplement. It's basically on or in sleep most of the time.

Jose

11 Posts

How many time you had  to reboot? Having the same issue.

No Events found!