Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2015 08:00

XPS 15 9530 Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver crash

Hi, 

I have a XPS 15 9530, with a fresh install of windows 10 and the latest drivers from dell support site. 

I'm having a lot of problems with the Intel HD Graphics 4600 card, lot of driver crashes.

As soon I start Visual Studio, or Spotify or other app the driver crash notification appears:

In the eventviewer the following error appears: Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered. (EvenID 4101)

I tried to remove the device from the Device Manager incl. the drivers and install them again, but the problem is not solved. 

Some suggestions?

November 30th, 2015 04:00

I'm sorry it didn't fix your problem, I know it can be frustrating. For me it worked.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2015 07:00

I have had the same problem with my Dell XPS 15 9530 - and installed the Beta driver and have been working for a full day today without any driver "crashes".

You might want to verify that you are running with the Beta driver:

In the Device Manager - go to the Properties for the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 driver and check that you have successfully installed driver version: 20.19.15.4326 - which is the Beta driver.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2015 04:00

Update: Have now worked 3 full days on the Laptop with the Intel Beta driver - without any driver crashes.

4 Posts

December 4th, 2015 13:00

I've been working for 3-4 solid days now without a single crash. Mine used to only crash once in a while (maybe 1 time a day/max), though.

And it might be my imagination, but the display feels snappier with the beta driver.

5 Posts

December 4th, 2015 15:00

Can you post the link to the Beta driver? 

December 5th, 2015 13:00

I've been having this problem for months now with Windows 10, all the way back to the Tech Previews. This beta driver from Intel resolved it for me.

12 Posts

December 6th, 2015 12:00

Hi everybody,

I've started this thread a while ago and now I'm glad to say that the problem seems to be solved. 

As I said before I already tried this beta drivers (uninstalling the old one etc...etc..), but the problem was still occouring.
But because a lot of people said that the problem was solved I decided to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 again (build 1511). I installed the beta drivers and now after one day of working the problem has not appeared. I tried all the application where the problem was usually happening and they are running very well.

So, for the ones who is still fighting with the video crashes this is the last option. 

1 Message

December 14th, 2015 08:00

Hi All

I've the similar issue with display driver kept crashing. After applying this beta drivers, I've not got any crash so far. Finger crossed. Thanks very much for all your help.

Des

10 Posts

December 21st, 2015 06:00

Is there any hope that Dell will update the drivers for this laptop anytime soon?  While the beta drivers from Intel have stopped the constant crashing, I still have some quirks that I'd hope official Windows 10 drivers would resolve.

December 21st, 2015 07:00

I'm unable to install the beta drivers. I'm told my system isn't compatible and directed to the website.

Uninstalled previous drivers and reinstalled in the order as described by the Dell guy. Still getting driver crashes.

My computer also freezes up randomly. Requiring a hard restart that doesn't always actually work.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2015 12:00

Any news on the final solution for this problem? I still have these video driver crashes several times per day! When will a new non-beta driver be published by Dell? This takes too long now..

5 Posts

December 31st, 2015 23:00

I'm having the same problem. I'm actually able to cause a system crash quite reliably by doing the following:

1. Click the Intel HD icon in the system tray.

2. Select "Graphics Properties."

3. Select "Options and Support."

4. Select "Information Center" (on the left).

After about two to ten seconds, I get the lovely new Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death, and after some sort of data recovery process, my system reboots.

I've reproduced this crash several times. I'd be curious to know what happens when others who are having the Intel graphics driver problem try this.

1 Message

January 1st, 2016 07:00

This is a really annoying issue. Laptop was extremely expensive so I would expect Dell to fix this issue already after months of Win10 official release. When can we expect a new non-beta driver to be published???

January 1st, 2016 08:00

When I click on "Information Center" the app freezes for a few seconds, but then loads up the dialog with all the video driver info. I do have the beta drivers installed though and no longer experiences graphics acceleration crashes.

10 Posts

January 1st, 2016 11:00

msilverz, when I followed your steps, I get the same results: a blue screen.

No Events found!