Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2015 08:00

XPS 15 9530 Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver crash

Hi, 

I have a XPS 15 9530, with a fresh install of windows 10 and the latest drivers from dell support site. 

I'm having a lot of problems with the Intel HD Graphics 4600 card, lot of driver crashes.

As soon I start Visual Studio, or Spotify or other app the driver crash notification appears:

In the eventviewer the following error appears: Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered. (EvenID 4101)

I tried to remove the device from the Device Manager incl. the drivers and install them again, but the problem is not solved. 

Some suggestions?

5 Posts

January 1st, 2016 22:00

msilverz: Also a blue screen here.

5 Posts

January 3rd, 2016 10:00

Clearly Dell needs to provide a better driver for Windows 10. I'm reluctant to try the Beta driver from Intel. I've noticed, though, that there are slightly older final releases that are still much more recent than the version available through Dell. Has anyone tried one of those more recent final releases from Intel?

5 Posts

January 12th, 2016 00:00

Today Dell will change the motherboard of my laptop (XPS 9530) as the problem is still not resolved. Dell believes that the problem is hardware related.

/Anders

10 Posts

January 12th, 2016 05:00

Please keep us updated as to whether or not that fixes your issue.

5 Posts

January 12th, 2016 06:00

So far so good! No problems at all until now after the replacement of my motherboard.

However I received an advice from Thomas within a Dell XPS 15 facebook group:

Maybe a good solution for you!

Thomas Ceccaldi-Hollis  [SOLUTION]
I have had the issue and fixed it like this (make sure you nvidia is up to date first of course):
1. Open NVidia Control Pannel.
2. Click on 3D settings
3. Change power management mode from "adaptive" to "prefer maximum performance"
Hasn't crashed since.

/Anders

5 Posts

January 14th, 2016 03:00

Unfortunately problem still is present even though my motherboard was replaced as described.

Any of you still having this problem using Windows 8.1? Seems that everybody use Windows 10.

Kind regards

Anders

January 24th, 2016 06:00

So the beta graphics driver fixed my video crashes and it looks like the latest release driver (from 1/19/2016) incorporates those fixes as well, in spite of the version number being "older". However, I've noticed that since installing the beta (and the latest release), my computer cannot go to sleep properly. When it tries to, all seems fine. But then when I start back up, I get a fresh session and Event Viewer shows a Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power critical error saying the previous shutdown was unsuccessful (no bug check code reported, SleepInProgress of 4).

If I disable the Intel Graphics 4600 driver from Display Manager, the issue goes away and I can resume from sleep normally. As soon as I reenable it, I can no longer resume from sleep.

So this may be why Dell hasn't released a driver yet. Weird issues like this.

January 28th, 2016 07:00

I'm out of warranty any suggestions?

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 16:00

Everyone keeps suggesting the install of this driver.  However, every time I try I just get a message saying that the driver is not validated for this computer.  There are no options just to go ahead.  It doesn't matter if I uninstall the previous driver or not.

Is there a way to get around this?

1 Message

February 5th, 2016 06:00

I also uninstalled the two drivers as intel chipset was not there and then install all the three in the specified sequence and I'm still getting this issue. Is there any other solution? Thanks

4 Posts

February 12th, 2016 23:00

TB,

I own a Dell XPS 15 9530 with 4K screen. Ever since I installed Windows 10, I keep getting "Display Driver stooped responding and has recovered" message. BTW and FYI, I have the latest Windows and Dell drivers update, on this laptop. EVERYTHING is up to date.

You mentioned to removed 3 drivers and reinstall 3 newer drivers. I can do that. However, just to be sure, here are some questions for you:

1. once those 3 drivers are removed, will the Laptop restarts and works ok so you can reinstalled the new drivers, without having those 3 drivers?

2. I have installed NVidia control panel, that will check for the latest driver, should I use that, or just manually download the driver and save it to my desktop, and install it from there?

3. Where do I get the Intel Chipset and HD driver from? (Note: when I go to intel, after downloading their auto detect, it says" I have a custom driver on this laptop, and if I install anything beyond that, it will damage this laptop, contact your manufacture for latest driver"). If you have a link to the intel drivers that I need to download, I would greatly appreciate it, if you could post them for me, so I can click and download them.

4. do you want me to uninstall anything else beside those 3 drivers, as there are several items for Intel under Programs and features? Also, in Device manager, under "Intel Dynamic platform and thermal framework", when you right click, does not give you an option to remove or delete. So i'm not 100% sure where to go exactly to remove the Intel Chipset, if you can be a little more detail as to exactly where and how, that would be great.

Thank you very much for your help and time.    

1 Message

February 18th, 2016 03:00

Does Dell have any information as to when a driver update will be available?

This looks like a very easily reproducible problem for a high end product that many people seem to be experiencing.  Couple this to the fact that Dell has also validated that this is a Windows 10 ready device on their own support site, the experience so far has been very poor and I am currently very disappointed in the product.

3 Posts

February 20th, 2016 08:00

Experiencing the same problem since I bought my dell xps 15 9530. Tried all kinds of drivers.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2016 14:00

I have had the same problem with my Dell XPS 15 9530 since I upgraded to Windows 10 1 month ago

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 23:00

How did you install this driver?

I am not able to install any driver from intel itself. The installer gives me a message redirecting me to Dell support.

is there a workaroudn for this, or has Dell already provided an updated driver?

I get severe video stuttering in full screen video (youtube) and about 20 driver crash messages a day...

I wouldn't say this issue to be resolved yet...

No Events found!