Dnimyranib
2 Bronze

RE: XPS 15 9530 - Noise problem?

They tried to force you and all other buyers that facing this issue to accept it like it this, I mean a 2000 dollars machine, that we can not really feel proud of it, because of SOME of NOISES, that easily if they want they ate able to find. So Bekos, TERRY will always tell us that they are working for solution until we GIVE UP but all I know if mine is like that also with this uncomfortable noise, I will send it back, even if it takes years to give a good device.
0 Kudos
Abrahamm
1 Copper

I think that the only way to push them to take some action is making public this issue, post in forums, try to post in hardware sites about that and that kind of actions...Dell could be compromised this way.

MisterReed
1 Copper

Hey Guys,

I just stumbled onto a solution which has decreased *MY* noise issues, and wanted to share, in hopes it will help others.

My XPS 9530 (Dec 2013) has made "crunching" sounds (similar to a hard drive) in the area of the power button, since Day 1.

The sounds appear to be video card related, as they are only noticeable during screen re-draws:

- web pages with scrolling banners (ex: http://www.powerball.com/pb_home.asp )

- scrolling up and down in applications (browser, document, Outlook) with the mouse wheel

And the sound is only audible when the laptop is connected to a power supply. While on battery, the sound is not noticeable.

I have tried multiple power supplies, and power sources, to no avail.

In addition to the noise issue, my screen recently started flashing uncontrollably after coming out of Sleep Mode. Researching the issue, I came upon this thread:

Dell XPS 15 9530 screen flashing problem after update new drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19543351.aspx

Like the user who started the thread above, I had recently upgraded my video drivers.

So, as the Dell representative suggested in that thread, I did the following:

- Downloaded the latest Intel and nVIDIA graphics drivers from Dell Support (the same ones I had recently upgraded to, dated 1/9/2014)

- Started my laptop in Safe Mode

- Went into Device Manager, under Display Adapters, and uninstalled the Intel and nVIDIA adapters (making sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device")

- Rebooted the laptop

- Installed both of the graphics drivers I downloaded earlier

- Rebooted the laptop (again)

Since reinstalling the drivers, the "crunching" sound has been dramatically reduced (but NOT completely gone).

0 Kudos
Dnimyranib
2 Bronze

In a post they did yesterday on facebook i mentioned the issue and here is what they say : 

0 Kudos
Dnimyranib
2 Bronze

Normally on  March 24th  i supposed to have my laptop because i ordered it on February 18th, and the date to send me the laptop was set by DELL on March 24th.

Proof:

BUT NOW , going back to their website i see that they change the Date to April 22th

Proof :

and they send me an email saying that we revised they date, so you won't have your laptop on march 24th, but  on April 22th

Proof : 

I AM NOT MAD AT ALL, I ONLY HOPE ALL THIS TIME THEY ARE TAKING TO SEND LAPTOP, I ONLY HOPE IT WILL BE A GOOD DEVICE, NOT A NOISY ONE

0 Kudos
shivapat13
1 Copper

Trying to get some news via twitter https://twitter.com/pleimb/status/446253568627326976 but I guess we won't have any...

0 Kudos
dshickle15z
1 Copper

So I've taken the plunge.

And ordered my machine today - estimated ship date 16-04-2014.

Apparently the screens are in limited supply.

0 Kudos
shivapat13
1 Copper

"Thanks for the reach out. Dell Engineering Team is aware about this and are working on it. - We will get back to you with an update as soon as it is available. ^BG"

https://twitter.com/DellCares/status/446306860636053504

0 Kudos
MisterReed
1 Copper

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.  The sound is back.  😞   It was a nice day, while it lasted.

0 Kudos
heki73
1 Copper

I guess all/most of them have this issue. Still waiting for a solution too :-).

0 Kudos