Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2014 10:00

XPS 15 9530 - battery

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how the battery life of your XPS 15 units is. One of the main reasons for buying that machine was the high-praised battery life.

Well, I have the impression that the battery empties rather quickly, it's far from the 8+ hours mentioned in the test reviews and I always have keyboard light off and brightness down to the lowest level. I don't know, but coil whine AND a bad battery won't work!

June 23rd, 2014 10:00

It's been a few weeks since I used mine (because the coil whine is so bad) but I don't think I was getting any more than five hours, at the most. And that was after turning off the face recognition software. You're right about coil whine and bad battery life being a deal breaker. I never would've spent $1500 if I had known about these issues.

31 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 11:00

I don't know about the support system in your country, but over here (in Germany) my support told me that I could go for a full refund ANY TIME as long as Dell is unable to fix this issue. Since this is still the case, I could give it back right now. I'm really considering it.

No Events found!