Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2016 05:00

XPS 15 (9530) won't start if plugged

Hi all,

My XPS 15 (9530) got issue when plugged : it won't start. It boot up only when disconnect from AC, and then I can plug it to charge.

When it's off and AC plugged, the 5 lights on the left side (remaining battery) does not light up.

Morever, if I close the computer (plugged) in order switch to sleep mode, it won't turn to sleep mode, and when I re-open it, nothing happens. I have to unplugged the AC, then reboot everyting.

I don't know if it's software or hardware issue. All my system is up to date (Windows 10), with drivers from Dell. BIOS A09.

Have you ever get this annoying thing ?

Thank you

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2016 06:00

Exact same here. My 9530 is just over 1 year old and was repaired before because the same complaint.

3 months ago my original motherboard was swapped for a refurbished one (by the way; a bad service to use refurbished boards) and just 3 months later the issue has returned.I sent my 9530 to Dell Service last week and wonder what they will do to repair this (2nd) time.

June 1st, 2016 02:00

I'm having similar probless, any chance either of you managed to fix your issues?

June 2nd, 2016 01:00

Hello,

The only way I managed to get rid of that issue was to replace the motherboard, thanks to Dell.

No Events found!