razvanel
1 Copper

XPS 15 9550 - BSOD freezes daily and randomly

Hi,

Ever since i got my laptop ive been plagued by blue screen freezes often and seemingly randomly. doesn't matter what i am doing. Several times a day it happens. I used to get kernel inpage errors and ive been trying to update all drivers and a few solutions i found online. Finally reduced it to pretty much daily freezes and mostly the correlating event is 

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Kernel-PnP event id 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1. -> what is this exactly? and why?

My searches so far show the driver for that error is a Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control Driver. There is no 9550 windows 10 driver available for it. Any suggestions?

Can anyone please help? is this a hardware issue?

i updated to new BIOS 01.02, have the latest Dell drivers for everything.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
beniamin.oniga
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 15 9550 - BSOD freezes daily and randomly

Hello,

I have the model Dell XPS 9550 bought from USA and I have the same problem.

The motherboard and a piece of RAM were already replaced.

Anybody help us?

Thanks,

Beniamin

0 Kudos
beniamin.oniga
1 Nickel

I reproduced this issue twice running a custom test from dell.com including some laptop components.

Somebody from dell told me there is a test issue regarding USB.

(Running the test I didn't use the USB ports).

Beniamin

0 Kudos
beniamin.oniga
1 Nickel

Hello,

I solved my issue installing the driver for SSD from Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

Beniamin

0 Kudos
Winson Chiou
1 Nickel

I tried this driver and YES the BSOD "Critical Process Died" was gone. However, it turns out to another issue "freeze occasionally", anyone experienced?

Thanks.

beniamin.oniga
1 Nickel

Hi,

Please explain your problem in details. How the occasionally freeze is happened?

I had problems with the Intel Video Integrated Card and my motherboard was replaced.

Beniamin

0 Kudos
Winson Chiou
1 Nickel

Hi Ben,

The issue happens from minutes to hours, randomly...

The symptom just freeze and the mouse cursor keeps circling, no any response from the system. You have to press the power button and force to restart.

Could you share your system configuration by typing Dxdiag command and save the configuration to a log file? I'd like to compare the configuration one by one, like BIOS, driver version...

Thanks.

beniamin.oniga
1 Nickel

Ok,

Please send me a PM.

Ben

0 Kudos
grwall
1 Copper

I have exactly the same problem.   Every time I use my laptop (XPS 15 9950), it is guaranteed to freeze at some point.   Screen remains the same, but CPU freezes.   Mouse and keyboard inactive (however, the backlight on the keyboard will light).   Time ranges from 2 mins to 45 minutes at best.    Recent BIOs update did not improve the situation.

nibi
1 Copper

Hi2all. I've got the same troubles with freezing (without BSOD). Often it happens when someone touches laptot - tryin' to tilt the display, or when moving laptop from place to place. Last time freezin' happens when i was looking for service tag. I mean it's always happens when usual physical action happens. No one crash him or something, just a usual things. And there is another one trouble with him. But i'll write it not here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos