Kevin Wei
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 15 9550 freezes randomly (on any OS)

Jump to solution

I have 3 problems:

- LCD light bleeding - replaced LCD

- The freezing issue - replaced Motherboard

- Space does not register - Not yet fixed. Will bother Dell again.. I have wasted enough time with Dell, so I will make sure I make it as many fix trips as possible. 

And they scratched the bottom of the case when they repair my first 2 problems, I'll make sure it will be replaced on a separated request a month later.

0 Kudos
DanInMass
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

This cost me extensive time and frustration as well. I had two resolutions. First was to downgrade BIOS to 1.0.15. I also had a motherboard replacement (it came with 1.0.5) and that one was updated to 1.0.19 and has been stable. I'm disappointed in the quality testing from Dell with the configurations.

0 Kudos
Salem3671
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dang, wish I'd have found this board prior to getting mine. Just came in last night and has crashed twice! Just freezes up then wont shut down unless I hold the power down for about a minute. Spent an hour on the phone with tech support and while the second person was running diagnostics it tried uninstalling and reinstalling the remote access utility. She sent me to a 3rd person who said to return it. Left a comment on their Facebook site and have spent another almost 2 hours back and forth with them. They stepped me how to run the diagnostics myself upon start up, did that and it said it passed all tests. Then, while still communicating with them it froze up again. I messaged them with videos of what it was doing. They've not responded to them yet. They did say prior to that, however, that there were no notes on my account where tech told me to send it back and they kept trying to say that I'd called in earlier because of a sound. No, I called in because it was freezing up, the sound came after that while waiting on hold for tech. So not only can they not fix my issue, but apparently the last two reps of my 1 hour call didn't even notate they'd done a remote session or that they told me to send it back. For $1900 this should run like a dream! I see all these downgraded this, replaced that, etc... and that's just crazy. For these prices nothing should have to be replaced on a brand new computer! Getting my return authorization code Monday and sending this back! After about 3-4 hours of time with their tech on my 24 hour old computer, I'm done.

0 Kudos
freakant
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a XPS 15 9550 with 1.2.25 BIOS . It freezes randomly and it passes all the diagnostic tests with success. Even the longest one.  I run linux with kernel 4.9.0.2 and I can't find any relevant log entry as well. It just freezes. It's more frequent when a second monitor is connected.

0 Kudos