Highlighted
Not applicable

XPS 15 9550, keyboard dead after resume from sleep + resume only works with power supply

I bought a top of the line XPS 15 9550, with 1TB M.2 SSD, 4k touchscreen and 16GB of RAM. Had frequent blue screens of death that I fixed by replacing the SSD drivers with the Samsung ones.

Now my biggest woes are that quite often the speakers crack and that I cannot put the laptop in standby/sleep.

If I have the power supply plugged in and I put the laptop to sleep, when I wake it up from sleep the internal keyboard no longer works. The keyboard backlights react to my typing but windows doesn't see me typing anything. Even the CAPS LOCK led doesn't light up if I try to toggle that key. Luckily if I connect an external keyboard, that one works.

If I don't have the power supply plugged in and I put the laptop to sleep, when I try to wake it up from sleep, it instead tries to boot and complains about a missing loader file. At that point if I plug it in and I hit retry it proceeds with the rest of the boot but of course since this is a fresh boot all of my work prior to attempting to go into standby is lost.

Please advise.

thank you!

0 Kudos