BenC86
1 Copper

RE: XPS 15 9560 Killer Wireless killing my network

Jump to solution

Will Dell cover customers having to swap out the faulty network cards? I am having the same issue. Have updated drivers, bios and still having the same trouble. Bit disappointed having spent decent coin on an XPS and find issues straight out of the box.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

Too bad it isn't working for you, this type of stuff can be very informative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
DanBerglin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I need to reboot the 9560 everytime it wakes up from sleep because it can't detect any internet connection through the WIFI no matter what I do (drivers etc etc). This network card is a joke. A "gaming" Killer NIC with worthless stability and performance in a $2000 business class PC!?!

0 Kudos
brain4storm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had similar problems with my XPS 9560 laptop with Killer card. XPS 9560 could not see 5 GHz Wi-Fi most of the time (I had to reboot the system to see it). Then I found out that my Asus router automatically set up Wi-Fi chanel which is not seen by my Galaxy S6 phone (chanel 140 or so). I set chanel 40 manually and now both Galaxy S6 and XPS 9560 can see 5 GHz Wi-Fi. So it looks like some Wi-Fi bands are badly supported by Killer card which is weird in 2017 (by the way my iPhone and iPad see all 5 GHz chanels despite being made in 2016).

Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

The attachment shows how the ASUS router sets up it two 5 GHz radios.  The Killer card seems not to have any problems on this system.  

I have no experience with an Android phone but my iPhone does see both 5 GHz networks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
brain4storm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Actually, I decided to change the channel after seing your Killer screenshots and opening this utility on my laptop. So your screenshots were of much help :-)

0 Kudos
joepaisley
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I recommend steering clear of the XPS 15 until Dell replaces the Killer Networking card with a working alternative.  

They are still shipping what is clearly defective hardware.  I was not aware of this issue when I ordered on last week and my network issues started as soon as I booted the XPS 15.  This is a laptop I use for business so bitlocker was turned on.   I told them I need a replacement card and that all my drivers were current but support forced me to go through a number of futile debugging steps, including one which bricked my laptop because of Bitlocker.  Instead I have a dead laptop and I'm out of the country for a week without a working one.  I'm returning for credit.  Any thoughts on an alternative high-end Windows laptop?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I recommend steering clear of the XPS 15 until Dell replaces the Killer Networking card with a working alternative.  

They are still shipping what is clearly defective hardware.  I was not aware of this issue when I ordered on last week and my network issues started as soon as I booted the XPS 15.  This is a laptop I use for business so bitlocker was turned on.   I told them I need a replacement card and that all my drivers were current but support forced me to go through a number of futile debugging steps, including one which bricked my laptop because of Bitlocker.  Instead I have a dead laptop and I'm out of the country for a week without a working one.  I'm returning for credit.  Any thoughts on an alternative high-end Windows laptop?

Hello joepaisley,

The Killer Networking adapter has nothing to do with Bitlocker, or vice versa. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your machine, and would love to help you out with the Killer product, should you have decide to keep the laptop, and if you have issues with the Killer Networking adapter. You can reach out to us directly here - http://killernetworking.com/about/contact

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello all,

As this particular post seems to keep coming up, and some users have expressed that they feel that there is no defining answer, I wanted to reach out and point anyone who might come across this post to our KB article here - killernetworking.com/.../35-router-issues-with-1535.

There, you will find the very short list of wireless access points which we know to have problems when connecting with newer MU-MIMO Wi-Fi adapters, such as the 1535, along with links to where the manufacturers have provided firmware that solves the issue.

If your particular wireless access point is not on that list, updating the router or modem to the latest available firmware will very likely solve the issue for you.

If you are using a Wi-Fi modem that is provided by your ISP, we suggest you contact your ISP, and request that they update the firmware on the router. Most ISPs do not update the firmware on these devices unless specifically requested to do so, and, if you are experiencing resets or major slowdowns, it is very likely that the firmware on your Wi-Fi modem significantly predates the 1535, and MU-MIMO technology in general, so a firmware update will probably fix the issue.

If none of these steps solves the issue, please contact us directly here - killernetworking.com/.../contact - with the model number of the Wi-Fi access point and, if possible, the firmware version, so that we can further troubleshoot the issue.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking