XPS 15 9560 - Qualcomm Bluetooth Driver fails to load after Windows 10 July CU - KB4025342
I have tried everything I know to do. I am an IT Pro with 30 years experience and this one has me stumped...
With the July cummulative update to Windows 10 15063, the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver has completely failed. It will not load and reports it is corrupted or unusable. Here's what I have tried...
1. Remove and reinstall driver - Fail
2. Ensure latest driver from Dell, remove and reinstall - Fail
3. Download latest driver package from Killernetworking.com - Fail
4. Roll back CU (KB4025342) - Success
5. Reinstall CU (KB4025342) - Installs, but kills the bluetooth driver again
6. Contact Dell Support - Fail - Technician said it's a Microsoft problem and I would have to contact them for support. (Ironically: I just bought this laptop two months ago and purchased a 4year premium support contract!).
7. Roll back CU (KB4025342) permanently - Not possible, as it is managed by our Windows Update Server on corporate domain and would effect everyone. I could do this, but it would be a last resort, and it's unknown what vulnerability I would expose the rest of our W10 clients to.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what did you do?
Dell: Can you please investigate and resolve? All bluetooth functionality is broken so long as this CU is in place.