XPS 15 9560 does not recognize headphones plugged in

Jump to solution

I have a XPS 15 9560 I bought in Korea(and live in). It is just fabulous except that it doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in and just keep on playing through the laptop speakers. Strangely enough, when I restart the laptop with the headphones plugged in, It just works fine. My wireless QC35's work just fine on bluetooth. I have installed and deleted and reinstalled audio drivers from the dell website for the XPS 15 9560. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ryan Luo
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 15 9560 does not recognize headphones plugged in

Jump to solution

I have got the same problem. The solution is easy, just go to your task manager-- startup, find HD Audio Background Process & Realtek HD Audio Manager, disable them and restart your XPS 15, problem fixed then.  Hope this will help you out as I have tried almost all the way posted on forum like updating the driver or clean install the win10, finally find the problem is about these 2 apps.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Proteinmclobster,

Thanks for posting.

Check out this post from one of our Rockstars and see if it helps.  Thanks.

http://dell.to/2wE6k4A

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

oenaj
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm also having this issue with the laptop not recognizing my headphones and this post did not help.

oenaj
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm also having this issue with the laptop not recognizing my headphones

oenaj
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

also having this issue....

Ryan Luo
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I have got the same problem. The solution is easy, just go to your task manager-- startup, find HD Audio Background Process & Realtek HD Audio Manager, disable them and restart your XPS 15, problem fixed then.  Hope this will help you out as I have tried almost all the way posted on forum like updating the driver or clean install the win10, finally find the problem is about these 2 apps.

Jump to solution

That worked like a charm and was fixed immediately. Thank you for replying to this thread. helped a lot!

0 Kudos