Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2014 23:00

XPS 15 Beeping,Black screen with no display, no error message

I have a DELL XPS 15  L521X, (Mid 2012), I have Windows 8 on my machine, Suddenly when I restart my PC a black screen is visible without any error, but system continue beeping. Then I press Power button and shutdown it, after some time when I start it again, its start working normally.

Once system starts its start working without showing any hardware or software problem whenever I shutdown or restart, sometime its start working sometime its continue beeping without showing any error. I don't know what's wrong in it.

Can anybody tell me why this happen. How can I fix it.

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 22:00

Dell-Sahana R,

Thanks for your reply, I think there is a problem in BIOS, I download latest BIOS updates from DELL support and then Install it and problem is fixed, I think there is a problem in BIOS software it might be CRC error or any checksum error something like that,

But I fixed this problem updating BIOS,

Again thanks for your reply.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 05:00

Hi sodette,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the LCD works.

8 beeps on the Dell laptop means there is an issue with the LCD display. Sometimes it may be a problem with the slot on the motherboard where the LCD display cable gets connected which could lead to motherboard faulty.

In addition, please check if there is a display on the external monitor.

1 Message

June 1st, 2015 23:00

Hi Sodette! I am experiencing exactly the same issue as yours. I tried updating BIOS but it demands a restart in order to complete tthe update. So mine did not complete because when it restarted the beeping sstarted again. This time I couldn't turn off the computer with the power button as I normally do, the computer didn't shut off.. I had to wait for the battery to run out and then the beeping stopped. Did you experienced a similar difficulty when updating Bios? Please let me know! I'm quite desperate!! Thanks a lot!

1 Message

May 13th, 2016 07:00

This also fixed my problem. Went from bios 14 to 16. No more beeping. Thank God! Thank you Dell-Sahana R.

No Events found!