Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2013 23:00

XPS 15 - Intel 1030 is not showing Handsfree Audio gateway service for Nokia mobile

Hi,

Recently I have upgraded my XPS15 to Windows 8. After upgrading it stopped supporting Bluetooth Handsfree Audio gateway Service as well as other audio services, to connected Nokia mobile. The same mobile when I tried with Dell Latitude, it lists all the audio services in Bluetooth device view.

My XPS 15 came with Intel 1030 Wi-fi/Bluetooth combined.

Any idea how to get Bluetooth audio services supported on Windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

--

Pavan

1.5K Posts

March 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi pavankumarkn,

I believe you are using XPS L502x. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for wireless and Bluetooth. Please follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Network Adapters’.
  • Right click the wireless and Bluetooth drivers listed under ‘Network Adapters’ and click ‘uninstall’.

Reinstall driver for wireless card, from the link: http://dell.to/XD7m9g. Then reinstall the Bluetooth driver, from the link: http://dell.to/13OedE2.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any other questions.  

March 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi Amogh,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried updating/re-installing drivers you have mentioned.

Also I have tried latest drivers from Intel website and no change in result.

--

Pavan

1.5K Posts

March 28th, 2013 01:00

Hi pavankumarkn,

You can try to install the Windows 7 Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: http://dell.to/15XviYl  

Use the 'setup' file to install drivers in ‘Compatibility mode’. The steps are:

• Navigate to C:\dell\Drivers\705KJ\Win64
  • Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
  • Click ‘Install in compatibility mode’
  • Click Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
  • Next, click ‘Troubleshoot Program’
  • Click ‘Program worked in earlier versions of Windows’
  • Click ‘Windows 7’
  • Click ‘Start the Program’
  • Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
  • Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings. I would be glad to assist further.

March 28th, 2013 09:00

Hi Amogh,

I downloaded and tried drivers from the link you have provided. The drivers are not "705KJ", but "R314408" - which are way older than 705KJ and causing compatibility issues during the installation (followed the procedure mentioned in your post).

I have deleted all existing drivers, reverted to Microsoft provided drivers and tried. Result: Audio services not available.

I have installed 705KJ, on top of Microsoft default  drivers. Result: Audio services not available.

Thanks

Pavan

March 28th, 2013 10:00

Also I have contacted Intel Customer care to check if their device is not compatible for audio services, they replied back as follows:

“It is important to let the customer know about that the BT profiles depend on the drivers, some profiles might or might not be included on the drivers. That is the reason we recommend to use the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) versions since they come with more profiles. One profile is the required for file sharing and it seems to be working fine for the customer, so in this case the issue would be related to missing profiles and not to the BT device.

Here is the list of extensions/profiles that the Intel drivers includes for BT 3 or BT3 HS that are the ones that 1030 supports, and it is important to clarify that for specific devices, then specific profiles are required. i.e.: Streaming music from laptop to headset uses the A2DP profile. But it is necessary to make sure that is using the correct device driver as usually it installs the appropriate profiles to make BT work. Here is the list of what Intel drivers supports.

HID, PAN, HFP, GAP, SDAP, DUN, GOEP, SPP, SYNC, FTP, BIP, HCRP, BPP, VDP, FAX, OPP, PBAP

HSP: Headset Profile Audio HS not supported, only Headset Profile Audio GW

A2DP: Advanced audio/video distribution source supported, advanced audio/video distribution source Sink not supported.

AVRCP: audio video remote control target supported AVRCP folder up/down controller not supported

In this case the main recommendation is to install the Bluetooth drivers from the laptop manufacturer to get the most amount of profiles and best compatibility. And again check if there are any updated drivers for the connected Bluetooth devices since those usually would install the needed profiles.”

This clears that the device do support the services and the issue is with OEM drivers, which are not enabling full features of Device.

--

Pavan

1.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 07:00

Hi pavankumarkn,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest you to uninstall wireless and Bluetooth drivers. Reinstall the wireless drivers from the link: http://intel.ly/XnO2lz, then reinstall the Bluetooth application from the link: http://intel.ly/13Ogq39.

Please ensure that you download and install the drivers compatible with Windows 8 x64.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings. I would be glad to assist further.

April 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi Amogh,

I am already using later versions of the drivers you have mentione, i.e. BT_2.6.1212_e64 and Wireless_15.6.1_e64. The drivers you suggsested are Wireless_15.3.50_e64 and BT_2.6.1210_e64 .

Also, I called Dell Tech support, they explained that Nokia should provide drivers for Windows 8 PC.

Any way I will give a try and update you back.

Thanks

Nagapavan

1.5K Posts

April 4th, 2013 07:00

Hi Nagapavan,

Thanks for the reply. You may uninstall the latest version of the drivers and reinstall the drivers from the links I provided you with. As suggested by Dell technical support you may also contact Nokia for the drivers.

Please keep me posted with the findings. I will be glad to assist further.

April 4th, 2013 07:00

I have installed the drivers you have suggested, no change in functionality. I had already contacted Nokia, they clearly says the latest Nokia suite is bundled with latest drivers for the device I am using.

Thanks for your help.

Pavan

1.5K Posts

April 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi Pavan,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.

I would be glad to assist you further.

1.5K Posts

April 12th, 2013 08:00

Hi Nagapavan,

Thank you for the information. Please share if you upgraded the system from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or you performed a clean Windows 8 installation.

If you have performed a clean install you may install the drivers in correct order. Please refer to the link:

http://dell.to/X1IKGu

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

April 12th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I have upgraded from Windows 7 - factory install state.

Thanks

Pavan

1.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 06:00

Hi Pavan,

I regret for the delay. You may try installing the Wireless Bluetooth drivers from the link below: http://intel.ly/YoNMDe

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the findings.

May 2nd, 2013 10:00

Hi Amogh,

I already tried that version of Bluetooth drivers, as mentioned in my reply on Apr 2nd, following were the versions I already tried.

I am already using later versions of the drivers you have mentione, i.e. BT_2.6.1212_e64 and Wireless_15.6.1_e64. The drivers you suggsested are Wireless_15.3.50_e64 and BT_2.6.1210_e64.

I am quite sure it's not Nokia's drivers problems - since I already tried on a different Windows 7 machine and I was able to get all Bluetooth services working. But for my Laptop, I was not able to get any BT services other than basic file transfer working.

Thanks

Nagapavan

August 29th, 2013 11:00

It's been 5 months since I raised this issue with Dell, I do not have any fix for this. Even with a htc mobile I can not connect Bluetooth Handsfree Audio service. How much one should wait for a driver fix??

No Events found!