Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2014 03:00

XPS 15 (L502X) WiFi Card, Ethernet Controller, USB, SD Card Reader NOT FOUND

Hello,

I have a  Dell XPS 15 (L502X, Early 2011), but  WiFi Card, Ethernet Controller, USB and SD Card Reader are not working. I can't find them at all in the device manager.

My laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I tried to reinstall the operating system (x64 version) and all drivers (I followed this guide) . I tried to install the wifi card drivers, but the process has stopped because the card could not be found.

What can I do? Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best regards

Gabriele

2 Posts

August 29th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I contacted the online tech support and also went to the dell service center. They asked to try installing the Operating System. I installed Windows 8 - 64 bit, but still having the same issue. Not sure installing the drivers will do any help.

Can anyone help us.

Thanks,

Steel

August 29th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

I contacted the Dell support here in Italy, they told me the motherboard has to be repleaced. They asked me 350 € (460 $) for the board and 120 € (150 $) for the replacement since my laptop is no longer under warranty !!! Crazy prices.

I think Windows 8 can not fix the situation because it is a hardware problem.

Which devices do not work on your laptop?

2 Posts

August 30th, 2014 04:00

Same as yours. All the possible ports, like the usb, ethernet, WLAN, etc.

2 Posts

November 16th, 2014 19:00

Hi,

I also got the same issue. Anyone found a fix? Should the diagnostic failed if it is a hardware issue. I think it has something to do with the drivers. I cannot find my original drivers DVD shipped with the laptop. Tried all the latest drivers from Dell Support but no luck. 

No Events found!