Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2013 05:00

XPS 15 Mini display port issue Windows 8.1

I have an XPS 15 Notebook and have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1. Ever since the upgrade anything I plug into the mini display port doesnt work. I have tried my second monitor and projector both don't work. I have also tried different converters and the same result. I upgraded to the latest Nvidia and Intel drivers (the ones on the Dell support page are a bit dated) and no change. However I did notice that the moment I uninstall the Nvidia drivers the output works but the colors look a little scrambled. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows of a way to fix it.

1 Message

November 12th, 2013 06:00

I have xps l401x and I have exactly the same problem. I tried googled for some informations, but I not found. If you have already something, please let me know.

Thanks

1 Message

December 3rd, 2013 04:00

I managed to solve the problem on my Alienware 14.

It has both Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4600 and NVidia 2Gb Geforce GTX 765M.

After the upgrade to 8.1, my 4600 is no longer detectable and my minidisplay port suddenly goes bonkers. So I thought I had to upgrade the Nvidia to recognize the port. All upgrades doesn't work and create havoc on my laptop.

What I did later was nothing short of luck. I kept downgrading the driver to 9.18.13.1148

It worked like magic. So my laptop can now see all 3 monitors (one being the laptop screen). I hope this helps.

Oh by the way, you may need to upgrade your bios. I upgraded my bios which renders all the intel drivers updated in the intel download center excluding the 4600 integrated card.

1 Message

April 11th, 2014 02:00

Hi brandeng!

Have you by any chance figured it out yet? I recently updated my XPS L501X to Windows 8.1 and my mini displayport also stopped working. 

You'd be really helping me out here.

1 Message

May 30th, 2014 11:00

I had the same problem on my dell xps L502X. Upgrade to windows 8.1 and the mini Display port did not work. Find several alternative drivers from dell web site but none worked. I updated the software of NVIDIA from their official website, the version 337.88 for my GeForce GT 525M and woala. I run MiniDisplay port and have multiple projectors connected without any problem. Case solved.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2014 18:00

Hi..  do u have the link for the 9.18.13.1148 driver ? Thanks

No Events found!