TKZ
1 Copper

XPS 15 keyboard issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just got a brand new Dell XPS 15, love it.

Have noticed an irritating keyboard quirk though.

When I type the " or ' character, it doesn't appear on the screen right away, I have to press another button (like space, or another letter) and only then is the " or ' revealed. Its actually happening right now as I type this post. This is rather irritating.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thx

TKZ

PS. I have check the other characters and they all appear when I press the actual key.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TKZ
1 Copper

RE: XPS 15 keyboard issue

Jump to solution

It looks like the machine came with a default "US International" set up. Changed it to "US QWERTY" in control panel and the matter is now resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TKZ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

another thing i picked up, if I press the " key once, nothing happens, then I press " again, and they both appear. Same with the ' key.

Dell - does this sound like a faulty keyboard?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

TKZ,

Did the keyboard work correctly when you first set it up? Did you install any software prior to this happening? If no, then contact Dell Support by phone and have the keyboard replaced. The number to call is 1800-624-9896.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TKZ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It looks like the machine came with a default "US International" set up. Changed it to "US QWERTY" in control panel and the matter is now resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos