Not applicable

Re: XPS 15 l502x freezes during gameplay

My DELL XPS L502X is having the same problem that you mentioned above. It freezes when running games like Warcraft and WOW, and I cannot restart the program unless I restart my laptop. From the WOW forum, I learnt that the other XPS L502 owners encounter this problem too. If you guys find any solution to this, please keep me informed. Thanks you so much.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Finally, got my motherboard replaced yesterday everything seems to run fine except for the woofer which they will be fixing soon...

In my case i think it was the motherboard that had some power issues....

i hope this helps you guys.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

TanveerSk, its good to know that but how you convinced Dell to replace your motherboard?

what you told them in the support? and did you sent you laptop to their lab for this replacement?

thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I would also like to know what you did. A couple of weeks ago I spent like 3 hours online, with a guy who didn´t know how to check a driver version, or how to enable the GPU. He started looking around the Intel video driver config.

I asked him if it was his first time doing support, and if he even knew where to activate the GPU. He started giving excuses, so I told him, "Thank you for wasting my time", and then terminated the chat.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

i just explained them that my laptop was freezing randomly often while using 3d applications or playing games....first they told me to update the drivers, bios etc and keep laptop under observation for one week...then next time they guided me through some trouble shooting and they told me that my motherboard has to be replaced to solve the issue....it was pretty straight forward experience...

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

and yes i did not send laptop anywhere instead a technician came to my home and replaced it within minutes....overall I HAVE TO SAY Great Customer service from Dell..

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Today i call to Dell support and told them my problem and they told me that "This is a problem with your windows" and "You need to scan your pc for viruses" and "You need to format your computer and reinstall the windows".

😞

I don't know what to do.

How to format my pc and scan for viruses will fix an hardware issue?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I think you can probably say that you already reinstalled windows, already tried the last drivers available for download at dell.com. and also the ones from Nvidia.com

It didn´t work for me...  but hopefully for you it will.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

They told me to do a system diagnostic , In the diagnostic there is no a NVIDIA 540M check or AC Power check so there is no way to check if this is the problem I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, THEY DON'T WANT TO FIX MY PC!!! PLEASE, DELL, TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS FREEZING!! 😞 i cannot play anymore with my pc, IT'S A NEW PC, why i got it with a problem?!

0 Kudos
3 Zinc

Contact Dell support via chat.  Tell them about your Diagnostics results.  The diagnostics check the Dell system components, not third party components.  You may have to contact them several times to resolve issue..  Sometimes they will take control of your PC to analize problems.  IF you are not satisfied ask them to escalate the issue to a more knowledgeable engineer. There are some very good people there.   If you still don't get satisfactory resolution go to Dell Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/dell

At top of the page click on "Get Started" and answer the questions.  This gets you into the Problem Resolution group.  You may get better help here.

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down [+o(]  

Signature now approved by Dell  [:D]

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

0 Kudos