Highlighted
Not applicable

XPS 15 refund offered - what's the alternative

A while back I wrote about constantly having issues with the XPS 15 I have and Dell has agreed to issue me a refund as the issues have not gone away (even as I was typing the keyboard switched to a different language). There is no other 1TB SSD XPS 15 in their stock, I'm guessing they have stopped making them which makes me think that there was an issue with this type of XPS 15 with these specifications. So, I'll get my money back (all of it including VAT) but then what? The reason why I bought the Dell was so that I would have to buy an Apple. And now for the same price I can get the same laptop with half the hard disk. I've been looking around and have not found a computer with similar specifications for the same price (Portability, display quality, battery life, performance...). But again, this one is so unpredictable, I don't want to be banging my head (or the laptop) against the wall the next time it malfunctions.

What to do? Any suggestions? Any other laptops you would recommend....I fear, it's going to have to be an apple...or another dell.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: XPS 15 refund offered - what's the alternative

More likely, the system you have was replaced -- the Kaby Lake versions have just been released.  There isn't one listed with a 1T SSD, but it is very possible to order with a smaller capacity one and upgrade it later.

0 Kudos