Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 8th, 2017 05:00

XPS 15 touchpad scrolling not optimal

I have a new XPS 15 9560 laptop with a precision touchpad (Microsoft drivers) running Windows 10 (1703, 64-bit). The touchpad generally works fine, but with two-finger scrolling sometimes I experience a 0.5 s lag OR the pad interprets the gesture as a pointer move (although I definitely use 2 fingers). The behavior is seemingly random, but it occurs quite often.

I disabled "pinch to zoom" in settings. I also tried increasing the touchpad sensitivity in settings and reducing the APPThreshold in the registry to 0 (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad), but this didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Many thanks,
Geert

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 8th, 2017 15:00

Hi Geert,

Let me see what I can find, but do you happen to notice if the lag occurs on an external mouse? And if you go into Diagnostics (F12 at Dell/XPS initial boot screen) and run Diags, do you notice any of this odd lag there?

Best regards.

Brad 

7 Posts

August 9th, 2017 11:00

Dear Brad,

Thanks for your answer. The lag does not occur with an external mouse. It really appears to be related to the touchpad sensitivity or settings. The diagnostics did not turn up anything.

Geert

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 10th, 2017 10:00

Thanks for the updates, can you Private Message me your Service Tag on the system? Please do not post it in the thread, let me know if you have any questions. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!