Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2011 04:00

XPS-15 with SIM Slot for 3G

The laptop has a provision of a SIM Card slot near the battery box. But as told by Dell Support its not usable in India at this moment. Also you need to install WWAN card to avail this facility. Any other please share your experiance and opinions.

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

February 16th, 2011 05:00

The laptop has a provision of a SIM Card slot near the battery box. But as told by Dell Support its not usable in India at this moment. Also you need to install WWAN card to avail this facility. Any other please share your experiance and opinions.

They told you the truth.

What else is there to discus?????

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 16th, 2011 06:00

The sticking point is always whether or not the carriers will support the hardware - so, if you're wondering why it's not offered, the place to start is with the wireless carriers.

February 16th, 2011 06:00

This facility is available in US n UK. I am expecting their comments.

3 Posts

March 25th, 2011 02:00

hi ieee488 

actually that is not the truth.. 

a week back i spoke with a customer care person she said i cant use sim card rite now in india. 

but couple of days back i spoke again with an other customer care person. he told me that i need a wwan card. 

i asked me is he sure if i have a wwan card then it will work. he replied that one of his colleague usin the same facility rite now. 

how is that possible if that is true ?? 

pls suggest 

thanks bye

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 25th, 2011 05:00

The place to check is with your wireless carrier.  It has to support the hardware Dell supplies.

No Events found!