Highlighted
mmcintosh
1 Copper

XPS 15Z Audio issue

Having a problem where the sound fades to non existent --- is anyone else experiencing this issue ???  windows 7

0 Kudos
154 Replies
nievenero
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15Z Audio issue

I am having the same issue, I called support and through DellConnect the representative uninstalled the Realtek driver. It worked for a while and now it is happening again. Do you have FastAccess (face recognition software) installed in your computer? For some reason I think the problem might be associated with it, or not, I am not sure.

I am calling support again, for now try reinstalling the driver, it helped for a while.

Can someone help with this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mmcintosh
1 Copper

I am still having the same issue and no I do not have facial software installed will try reinstallation of software

0 Kudos
nievenero
1 Copper

mmcintosh:

I spoke to support again and the representative stated that this is now a "known issue". It is not the Realtek driver, according to him the speakers are the culprit in this case. A technician will be sent to change them, I'll let you know how that goes in approximately three or four days.

nievenero

0 Kudos
mmcintosh
1 Copper

I installed the latest drivers and the sound now works I will see how long it last if this is truly a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
zobbo1967
1 Copper

I received my 15z today and had exactly the same issue. Downloaded latest audio drives and problem was solved.

0 Kudos
nievenero
1 Copper

I don't think it is a hardware issue any longer, the technician changed the speakers and the computer still had the issue. We were told to uninstall the drivers and use the Microsoft drivers instead, which was not a real solution since the sound was less than desirable. I requested a system exchange and at first they were reluctant. I am expecting a new system soon. Hopefully this time it would be fine; it is a hassle mainly because I use the computer for work as well. It is the first time I have a problem with a brand new system from Dell  and l'll give it another try.

Has the reinstallment of the drivers solved the problem for those who previously posted in this thread?

0 Kudos
zobbo1967
1 Copper

Yes, I've had no audio problems since removing the existing drivers and installing the latest drivers from the Realtek site

0 Kudos
nievenero
1 Copper

That might be the solution, Dell support was using the driver in their Drivers and Downloads page, not the Realtek site.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

I am sorry to read that you all have been having these sound issues. I have been contacted by engineering regarding the problem. They tell me that a new audio driver is being released June 28th. I will provide the link to the driver as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos