Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 04:00

XPS 15Z dispaly problem......Darker area on bottom right corner

A dark area (things visible but there is no brightness) is started appearing on bottom right corner of my  display.  My laptop model is XPS 15Z. The other part of the screen is white or more brighter compared to bottom right corner which is black in color. Could you guys help me out to solve the problem?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 13th, 2013 04:00

Attach an external monitor - if the image on that is OK (it likely will be), the screen will need to be replaced.

2 Posts

April 13th, 2013 22:00

Thank u ejn63,

But sometimes the display brightness is normal and other times it is darker on right bottom corner...Does that mean the problem is with display or any other connection problem?

3.3K Posts

April 15th, 2013 20:00

Hi balak.m,

Check the display in BIOS. Restart the computer and tap F2 on Dell logo.

I recommend running LCD BIST on the computer (power off the computer, restart the computer by holding the “D” and power button on the computer).

Let the test complete on LCD.

Also, you can check the status of LCD display in safe mode (restart the computer and tap F8 on Dell logo and select Safe mode). Check the status of display in safe mode.

Awaiting your response!

December 26th, 2013 07:00

I have the exact same issue.  Sometimes it's the bottom right-hand corner, and other times there's a black semi-circle on the right edge of the screen about midway up the screen.  It comes and goes.  SOmetimes re-booting helps, and sometimes not.  I find that if I reboot and the problem corrects itself, it reappears if I unplug the computer, or when I bring it out of "sleep".  I have tried updated the graphics driver and the BIOS.  Not sure what else to do.

I tried running the BIST test, but holding down the "D" key when I power up does not activate the test.  HELP!!!!!!!!!

3 Posts

May 10th, 2014 20:00

Hello, this problem has happened AGAIN on my laptop. This is the 3rd screen I've had with both replacements under warranty (the whole upper assembly/lid was replaced both times). This problem is quite common as we've seen in this thread, also see thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19503086/20626124.aspx#20626124
This is obviously a problem with the XPS  15z laptop. Is there any PERMANENT fix or am I doomed to replacing the screen every year or two?

1 Message

June 8th, 2016 01:00

i have a dell inspiron 15 and i have only used it for a year.both solutions have not solved my problem with the darker side of the screen at the bottom right corner of my screen.what other solutions are there or do i have to keep changing the screen each year?

No Events found!