Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2013 14:00

XPS 15Z screen does not work after being in sleep mode

Hello All, 

I have Dell XPS 15Z. Win 7 Home Premium. When the lid closed, it goes to sleep mode, right? But after opening the lid, OS start but nothing display on the screen only black screen. Also, the keyboard does not response. The only way I can do it, is to shut down by long press on operating button.  I updated all drivers even diagnostic test I made it.

How I can solve this issue?

Thanks,

1.5K Posts

July 17th, 2013 15:00

Hi Hamzah,

It seems the issue is with the video drivers. I would suggest you to uninstall the graphics driver from the ‘Device Manager’ and reinstall it. Please share the screenshot ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Display Adapters’ expanded. You may follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Display Adapters’.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you. 

1.5K Posts

July 18th, 2013 14:00

Hi Hamzah,

You may try to change the power settings to turn off Hybrid Sleep. The steps are:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
  • Open Power Options in the Control Panel.
  • Select Change plan settings next to the power plan you want to disable hybrid sleep.
  • Select Change advanced power settings.
  • Select Change settings that are currently unavailable in the Power Options window.
  • Set Allow hybrid sleep under Sleep to ‘Off’ and then click OK to save the changes.

If the above step does not help, you may try to restore the power plan to defaults.

You may update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/152osms.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

1.5K Posts

July 19th, 2013 14:00

Hi Hamzah,

Thank you for the response. I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

Please let me know since when are you facing the issue?

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you. 

1 Message

July 24th, 2013 04:00

Had the exact same problem on my L521X - but only after it had been sleeping for a couple of hours. Turned out the Intel Rapid Start Technology was set to kick in after two hours. Changed it to kick in after 0 minutes of sleep, and sure enough the problem occurred again straight away when putting it to sleep. Have disabled Rapid Start Technology and so far the problem seems to have gone away.

1.5K Posts

July 25th, 2013 16:00

Hi moomoo1980,

You may update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/146fd8j.

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:
*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged
*Battery charger should be connected
*No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.
*All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Enable Intel Rapid Start Technology after updating the BIOS and observe the system.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you. 

7 Posts

July 17th, 2013 16:00

Thanks Amogh G

I will see what will happen

7 Posts

July 18th, 2013 14:00

The problem still :emotion-6:

Is that ok? 

I uninstalled it then I re-installed it.

7 Posts

July 18th, 2013 20:00

Thanks Mr. Amogh G

I really appreciate your help. I did every thing, unfortunately the issue still exist.

it could be Display adapter problem because I noticed during startup the OS a quick black screen appears then disappear its like a quick flash.

By the way updating the BIOS was helpful for the fan. thx :)

7 Posts

July 19th, 2013 23:00

Hello, Mr. Amogh G

Thanks for your helping. The issue solved and I can close/ open the lid without any problem. My lab works normally now. I can select Sleep/ Hibernate Modes easy without facing problems. 

1.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 16:00

Hi Hamzah,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know the issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to reply if you have any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

No Events found!