Zanjoj
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 15Z trackpad never really shut down when using usb mouse

I've actually noticed some issues with QuickSet too, I've started doing a lot more typing and the application (be it Chrome or Visual Studio) frequently loses focus even if I stand away from the laptop. I killed QuickSet in task manager and the issue is mostly fixed. The odd thing about the applications losing focus is that no visible application gains focus. It's actually pretty hard to get the trackpad to move much while typing with QuickSet disabled.

Could Dell possibly have a look into the QuickSet software? Not a huge issue having it disabled for me as I never use the DVD drive but it would be nice to have those icons back!

0 Kudos
Xiola_Blue
1 Nickel

Touchfreeze isn't working for me. any tips?

0 Kudos
thecortezfam6
1 Copper

When are we going to see the update for the Cypress Trackpad Problems????????

0 Kudos
bagou01
1 Nickel

yeah it's been two weeks now, we are getting tired of waiting... we want a working driver !

0 Kudos

So I just received word again from engineering, they are delaying the touchpad driver further for testing.  The new ETA is Sept 2. I will post again just prior to the driver being released.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
kengrome
1 Copper

Terry B, I use Ubuntu 11.04 on a new Vostro 3750 which has the exact same trackpad.  When will Dell create a trackpad driver that works on Ubuntu, or at the very least a decent BIOS that lets me turn it off there?

Or is the answer 'never' ... and instead of hoping for this I should take a more realistic approach and return this laptop -- and get one from another manufacturer instead??? 

Why we cannot disable the trackpad via the keyboard (independently from the OS software) or via our BIOS settings is beyond me.  It seems like a very foolish and short-sighted decision ... 😞

0 Kudos
junejag_98
1 Nickel

My trackpad just died out when i woke up. It isn't working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
aras1
2 Iron

I wonder if my problem posted here:

en.community.dell.com/.../19928783.aspx

is related? I don't think so because I have tried simply stopping typing and eventually the window I was typing in becomes active again. I wouldn't expect that to happen with using the trackpad to reactivate the window.

Regardless, like others I simply cannot wait for a possible fix. I need to use this for work and currently the spontaneously deactivating window is making my typing too inefficient at work. I am initiating a return as soon as the customer service is back up online in a couple of hrs. I have been putting up with this for 3 wks hoping for a fix. I cannot wait any longer.

XPS 8300, SNB, i7-2600 (3.4GHz) | SDRAM - 6GB DDR3 1333MHz | Optical drive - 16x DVD-RW | Video - ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 | Monitor - Dell U2311H 23IN FP | HDD - 1TB SATA 2, 7200 RPM |  OS - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit | Audio - Creative Labs SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe

Latitude E5420, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70 GHz | 8 GB RAM OS - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit | 

0 Kudos
thecortezfam6
1 Copper

I did a system restore, did all windows and dell updates before I did anything else and it seems to be working fine. You guys might want to try that and let me know how it went.

0 Kudos
svanas
1 Copper

@aras1: you can fix the "spontaneously deactivating window" when you uninstall Dell QuickSet. This problem appears to be unrelated to the touchpad.

0 Kudos